Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Frontier 3.3L KC 4X4 MT
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's time for new tires. I have a 01 SE 4x4 extra cab with stock nissan wheels. Will 265/75r16 fit these stock wheels or any other problems I should be worried about?

·
Registered
674 Posts
So it's time for new tires. I have a 01 SE 4x4 extra cab with stock nissan wheels. Will 265/75r16 fit these stock wheels or any other problems I should be worried about?
They will fit the stock wheels, but the tire will rub at 2 places on full lock. the pinch weld and the edge of the front bumper where the small support rod is

I had to hammer in the pinch weld and cut off the corner tip of the front bumper by the support rod. I cut off just enough plastic to be able to keep the mounting point for the support rod and it's bolt, I used a razor blade, then I used a torch (heat it up and rub it in with your finger) to round off the freshly cut plastic so it looks like a stock cut

You may also have to remove all 4 mud guards (I did, but I can't remember if I did it for looks or because they rubbed)

This is for 265/70/16 but I think the 75's should clear, might just have to do a little more work

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts