Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Pro4X with a short bed and cap and when I put my new tires on it, I'm not going to have anywhere to store my spare. I have talked to the people @ Shrockworks, and they said, if they can get enough interest in this modification to the new 2010 rear bumper, (that just released) They just may build one! It's based on the same model they now have for the XTerra, just bigger. It will lock in the "Open" position(to transfer items with the bed down), and will be able to hold a high-lift jack and some tow gear. If anyone would be interested in having this made, please get back to me, so I can get back to them, so I can finally finish my truck! Look forward to hearing from some of you!

Joe:comphead:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I have a 2010 Pro4X with a short bed and cap and when I put my new tires on it, I'm not going to have anywhere to store my spare. I have talked to the people @ Shrockworks, and they said, if they can get enough interest in this modification to the new 2010 rear bumper, (that just released) They just may build one! It's based on the same model they now have for the XTerra, just bigger. It will lock in the "Open" position(to transfer items with the bed down), and will be able to hold a high-lift jack and some tow gear. If anyone would be interested in having this made, please get back to me, so I can get back to them, so I can finally finish my truck! Look forward to hearing from some of you!

I would be interested if it could be applied to the bumper I just bought from them. Have you looked at the KMA Multi-carrier?

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
IDE BE UP FOR IT ALREADY SAID THAT IN THE BUMPER THREAD JIM YA LISTENING? iLL LET YOU USE MY TRUCK TO MOCK IT UP TOO

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
I would be interested if it could be applied to the bumper I just bought from them. Have you looked at the KMA Multi-carrier?
I second this. If it could be fitted to what we just bought then I'd totally want one. If it meant buying a whole new bumper then no.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked at the KMA, but it just doesn't look like what I wanted. I loved te one I had on my XTerra, and tried to see if it would fit when I traded it in on the 2010, but it mounted too different. When I called down to Shrockworks, they knew exactly what I wanted, but I gt the same song and dance I got when I asked about the bumpers 6 months ago-they're comming soon!" So I guess I'll just get it right and wait so everything matches-except for my ARB bumper that I got from a friend who trashed the rear end of his truck. Thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would order. Great products and would like to give shrock more business.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bumper nightmare update

:comphead:
I would order. Great products and would like to give shrock more business.
Here is an update to the bumper nightmare I have been dealing with: ARB has a kick a** winch bumper for the Frontier. Problem is, it fits every model EXCEPT for the pro4x(our truck has a different frame in the front). The only company that will make a custom front and rear bumper wants to charge 2k EACH to make them). I live in central Texas, and found a welding company that will not only adapt the ARB front bumper, but will make the custom rear bumper for a price that is reasonable for us mortal truck owners I am meeting with them today, and will post my results as soon as I can. Finally, someone that will actually work with the Pro4X society of truck owners!(sorry SE and LE owners, but we ARE special!) Updates to follow!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bumper nightmare update

Here is an update to the bumper nightmare I have been dealing with: ARB has a kick a** winch bumper for the Frontier. Problem is, it fits every model EXCEPT for the pro4x(our truck has a different frame in the front). The only company that will make a custom front and rear bumper wants to charge 2k EACH to make them). I live in central Texas, and found a welding company that will not only adapt the ARB front bumper, but will make the custom rear bumper for a price that is reasonable for us mortal truck owners I am meeting with them today, and will post my results as soon as I can. Finally, someone that will actually work with the Pro4X society of truck owners!(sorry SE and LE owners, but we ARE special!) Updates to follow!
And I didn't mention before that Shrock was only going to consider it if more than 100 people showed intrest. I don't have that kind of time, I'll be defending against the dredded Whitetail in less than 2 months!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bumper nightmare update

Since when does the PRO-4X have a different frame in the front vs. the other Frontiers? Even Nissan wouldn't be that stupid.
That's what I thought. But when I took my ARB bumper to the off-road shop, and they took it apart, none of the brackets would fit. they contacted ARB, and were told that they don't make the brackets for a Pro4X(they do, but they are just now field testing them in Austrailia). They might be available in the future, but they couldn't provide me with anything now. Doesn't make any sense to me either, but I'm just the messenger....:comphead:

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
Checkout Tiregate. The only problem is that you lose your tailgate. I am going to get one, but I am a desert runner so I want to lose the tailgate.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts

where are you located? My Builder in SoCal will make one and put together a group buy he is always looking for new things to make.

Checkout Tiregate. The only problem is that you lose your tailgate. I am going to get one, but I am a desert runner so I want to lose the tailgate.
I thought they stopped making them for the Frontier.

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
where are you located? My Builder in SoCal will make one and put together a group buy he is always looking for new things to make.

I thought they stopped making them for the Frontier.
Nope. I called them this week and they have them. I just wanted to verify that they still did them because Frontier is not listed on their website. I just dont have the money right now to pony up, and would rather get new lights and brakes before a cosmetic change.

I will be interested in your builder if he can make the prerunner style and it's cheaper than Tiregate. I will need to use him in the future for stuff anyways (shock hoops, cage, ect). Talk to him and see. I could use my truck as a beta, but I am an LE and again want the prerunner style.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Nope. I called them this week and they have them. I just wanted to verify that they still did them because Frontier is not listed on their website. I just dont have the money right now to pony up, and would rather get new lights and brakes before a cosmetic change.

I will be interested in your builder if he can make the prerunner style and it's cheaper than Tiregate. I will need to use him in the future for stuff anyways (shock hoops, cage, ect). Talk to him and see. I could use my truck as a beta, but I am an LE and again want the prerunner style.
Instead of me being the middle man give him a call btf-fabrication.com - Home he is easy to talk to.

·
Registered
11 Posts

I'm having the same nightmare wtih the ARB bumper. I had my ARB dealer called ARB USA in Renton, and they should be getting the one for the Pro4X in the Early 2011. From what he tells me, the Pro4X doesn't have different mounts, but hasn't been tested with the ARB bumper yet, so they won't sell it to Pro4X owners. I think there may be a slight difference in the mounts. I'm looking to add the OME suspension at the same time.

I think there was some guys in Washington state that custom make bumpers (Perkins Performance), haven't spoken to them yet, but will definitely check them out.

Kobe

I'm waiting to do the front bumber

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Something's weird with all that... Here's the email I sent to ARB back when I considered their bumper vs. others...

Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:03 AM
To: Arb Tech
Subject: Website query- Technical/Warranty Question ...

My question is quite simple. I have a 2009 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X. Are the factory fog lights that come on my truck compatible with the ARB Winch Bumper (ARB Part# 3438320)? I’ve read some places where they are and some where they are not.

Also, is it possible to get a PDF of the install instructions? My ARB dealer is very close and would more than likely do the install, but in case I decided to do it I’d like to know ahead of time what I’m in for. It would also help me make the decision to either try it myself or let the pro’s do it.

Thank you for your time.

~ Michael

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Michael,
I've attached the fitting instructions to this email. Please note that the part number for the 2009 Frontier has been revised from these fitting instructions to 3438320 as we found a variation that required a minor change to the parts list. Fitting the bar has not changed.
As for fog lights, the bar does not accept the factory fogs and is designed to use ARB Foglight part number 6821201.

Best Regards,

Marc Bowers
Tech Supervisor
Air Locker, Inc.
425-264-1391
720 SW 34th St.
Renton, WA 98057
[email protected]
I also have the ARB install instructions... Apparently they're the same for the Pathfinder and the Frontier.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Important Notice and Disclaimer:
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. Any unauthorized form of review, disclosure, modification, distribution, storage and/or publication of this email message is prohibited. In the event you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of the message from your system. ARB Corporation Ltd does not warrant that this email or any attachments are error or virus free and the Company accepts no liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted through this email.

Lolwut?

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Just copied and pasted what I was sent. Post edited to clean that crap up.

Regardless, back on point... If anyone, Shrock, BTF or someone else came up with a tire carrier that we could add to one of the existing aftermarket rear bumpers, then I'd definitely be interested in that. Doesn't even have to be on the bumper, more options for mounting a spare is a good thing anyway.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Since when does the PRO-4X have a different frame in the front vs. the other Frontiers? Even Nissan wouldn't be that stupid.
The frame is the same ...it is the one piece front bumper that is the problem. One off road shop here in the San Diego area said they installed the shrock...but had to cut the plastic fender along the seam where it would be normally a two piece. I would have to see it. I would like to see the rear bumper with the tire mount.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts