Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: The search feature sucks, so if you're looking for some of my other threads here they are
Projector Build Thread
V-LEDS Dome Lights
PRO-4X 5 Switch Cluster
Brake MC Brace
Truck Build
TNX Build
New Rigid LEDs
Headlights w/Keyless Entry
Round 3 Projector Build Thread
x_mods Bumpers and Sliders
2WD to 4WD Conversion (Complete)

JeniorNV's thread to end all threads: Suspension Lift Info 05+

Okay, this is a preview of what is to come..

I ordered some new switches, going to put them in my center console once I get the 5 switch panel.

They are OTRATTW Contura V Laser Etched Rockers

I got: Bed Lights, Zombie Lights, Apocalypse Lights, Windshield Lights, Air Compressor, and Rear Locker switches.

I wired up a quick and dirty harness to simulate their function. The top LED lights up with the headlights, and the second LED comes on with the switch out. They are amber, but look yellow in the picture. They don't completely match the trucks interior, but I like them!

Last Updated: 10/22/2013, 10:35 PM HST

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
very cool switches, do they fit in the blank?

·
Super Moderator
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!

They are OTRATTW Contura V Laser Etched Rockers & Switches, and I ordered straight from their website.

They are supposed to fit in the blank, but I will know for sure as soon as I get time to install them :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
My only question is: If you need the zombie lights on, wouldn't it seem fitting to run the apocalypse lights as well? I would think Zombie's were a sign of the apocalypse, if not the very event itself. But it is cool to have it distingiushed and illuminated right there on your dash! I might have a button labeled "Mother-in-Law." Or "Out of Beer." Actually the latter would be my nitrous shot.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Cool! Sub'd to see the results.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Those switches are awesome. Do want.

·
Registered
596 Posts
So friggin cool!

·
Registered
296 Posts
they will fit. I was jim's tester for the blue led switches.

he can put pretty much any design on them. I have mine set up so that the lower light is on w/ my headlights and the upper light comes on w/ the switch

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
they will fit. I was jim's tester for the blue led switches.

he can put pretty much any design on them. I have mine set up so that the lower light is on w/ my headlights and the upper light comes on w/ the switch
Where did you pull the signals? From existing wires or from the fuse box?

·
Super Moderator
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Everybody should get some :laugh:

Thanks Deltaphi216! I was 99% sure they were going to fit, but not I know :)

dubie2003: I am pulling my +12v, switch 12v, and Illumination 12v from the trailer brake harness under the dash.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Damn. I wish I had known about these when I installed my Rigid Industries lights. I went with Daystar lights. Those were about $9 each with tax and shipping. And they are regular bulbs, so they get warm when on for a while. In fact, the switch burns more power than the lights they power!

I love the designs...perhaps when I get a few spare bucks I will order some.

Pictures of the finished product?

·
Super Moderator
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Year don't get hot at all. I don't have them installed yet, still figuring out the dash switch panel I need to order. I'll add the finished pics once I get them in.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts