Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there isn't really any way to use a quick dissconnect for our front sway bar due to the way it's designed, but has anyone thought of or figured out a way to make up something for a quick and easy quick removal/install set up? I plan on towing alot in the near future and want the sway bar on for that, but not when I unhook and hit the trails. I know it's only 6 bolts, but I would like something alittle easier cause I'm really lazy.

any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

:)

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I believe he wants to disconnect it from the wheels and then rotate it out of the way. The quick-connect is a thought so that you don't have to screw around with the bolts but due to the tight section lengths, I believe this is why they won't work.

Honestly Rat, I have no clue on what you could do beside removing the front bolts and rotating it out of the way and then tieing it up someplace.

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is no place to rotate it out of the way, I've tried but it is in harms way no matter what. I'm trying to come up with a quick way to remove it/re-install it

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I also thought about removing mine when I go offroad, but then I figured it probably wouldn't do any good. Since i have 3" spacer lift on the front, my suspension only drops so much before the coil bucket contact limits the down travel. How would removing my sway bar change that? What benefit would it be if the coil bucket contact is the limiting factor and not the sway bar?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts