Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a huge hole going too fast, steering has been a little off. The pic is of both sway bar links. The right one looks good, the left looks a little torqued. Is this normal or did I bend the left one?
Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Those links, if I'm not mistaken, are designed to to move a bit since they are connected to the LCA's, though it does look like the bar itself moved/shifted from one side to the other a bit. Not sure if that would cause any "off" sensations in steering though. Check to make sure your bar is sitting centered in the bushings/brackets.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just get rid of your sway bar all together. More travel off-road, better ride on-road, its a win-win.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Just get rid of your sway bar all together. More travel off-road, better ride on-road, its a win-win.
Is all this true? Wouldn't the front end roll more in the corners while on the street?
My sway bar moves side to side as I drive, I can see the lines of grease as it moves left to right.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a slide-in camper, I don't think that would be a good idea.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,807 Posts
Is all this true? Wouldn't the front end roll more in the corners while on the street?
My sway bar moves side to side as I drive, I can see the lines of grease as it moves left to right.

Yes, it will roll more and depending on what suspension you have in there, it can be a lot more. I have Radflos with stiff springs, removed my sway bar a few months ago, and since then my SLIP light goes off like crazy on faster corners due to body roll. My sway bar is going back on this weekend.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have stock suspension, so I think I'll stick with keeping it attached

1 - 8 of 8 Posts