Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to take the weight off of the front end in order to replace the front sway bar bushings? Reason I ask is I'd like to do it next time I change my oil. They are right there in plain sight.Two bolts each and they are off. Or do I need to jack it up and break out the jack stands. Really don't want to do that if I don't have to. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Nope, because I have done it.

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Thanks! Do I need to torque the bolts to a specified setting or just snug them up?
If you're a little guy you can do chin-ups on the breaker bar.... if you're a bit hefty... just reef on it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thank you all. I did the job without having to jack her up on stands. Yep big 17mm bolts so I just hunkered them down. FYI...I first purchased the Moog bushings from Advance Auto parts about $15 for the pair. When I installed the first one I did not like the looks of the bushing. All bulged out. Noticed the opening on the originals was located in the corner. Returned the Moogs and purchased the Nissan bushings at the dealer. Only $14 for the pair and yes much better fit. Thanks all for your help and comments. I can't stop laughing about the chin-ups on the bar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts