Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
As with most who bought the base models, I am very interested in this as well. Can someone post up a final cost for everything needed? It would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So far the switches were $58, window regulators, motors and lock actuators were $235 and the door wiring harnesses were $78. These are oem parts, not aftermarket. Think this is everything except a few feet of wire for under the dash. It could still be weeks away, but I will take pictures if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
If you wanna go aftermarket look at spalusa.com Spal makes some nice stuff and it very easy to install
Have you used them before? Their kits appear to be universal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nissan Frontier Window Switch

I'm still trying to swap out the old after market switches for my power windows with the OEM Switches if anybody out there have a picture of the switch harness for a 07 frontier king cab harness for both the driver side and the passengers side.I'm trying to get the colors correctly lines up with the switch because the switch harnes fits but i beleive i got the one for a crew cab since it has two many wires that some don't line up with the switch pins.I can remove and re-alingne the connectors..with a clear picture of the harness wires and it's colors.I will greatly appreciated in advance.email to [email protected]

Thanks you,

For those Who want to install power window/locks etc.package to your frontier..First you will need to get the Wiring Diagram email me and i have it in pdf for free..It's easier than i thought.First go on ebay and look for everything..The window kit and which they sell and the door actuators for the power locks they might all come together but ask.motor,switches etc.I recommend the OEM switches and make sure when you buy on ebay you ask for the wire harness that goes with the switches or don't buy it look for another one with it.as you will need it to run the circuit correctly color coded.The power door lock can either be ran thrue the trucks BCM body control module or thrue an alarm system intalled by a car stereo or such /alarm place....GOOD LUCK hope comes usefull

·
Registered
39 Posts
oem door harness #24124EA001 and 24125EA001, oem switch #25411EA002and this one is kinda hard to read but I think 25401EA002

I now have a drawing of the harness for the inside and will post that soon.

·
Registered
563 Posts
UPDATE

I have learned that not only do you need to replace all four door harnesses and both body harnesses, but you will also need a new main dashboard harness as well.

The door harnesses connect to the main dash harness and if you have a base model truck, the main harness does not have the wiring for power locks, windows, mirrors or heated mirrors. So it looks like a lot of work will need to go into installing all these components aftermarket. It's not going to stop me from doing so, but it will take longer and cost more.

The part number for a suitable main harness is #24010ZP04E. That's a dash harness from a 2005 Frontier LE, and it should have all the wiring necessary for power locks, windows, power mirrors and heated mirrors. Not sure if it will also have the wiring for NISMO options like the E-locker, but I'll let you know when I get it. It costs $470 new from the dealer, just so you know.

As of right now, my parts list includes:

Window regulators (4)
Lock actuators (4)
Door harness (4)
Body harness (2)
Main harness (1)
Power, heated mirrors (2)
Mirror control switch (1)
Window switch (4)

Replacing the main harness will require pulling the whole dash assembly, center console and numerous other parts, so I do not plan on installing it until it warms up outside. Working outside in the Michigan cold is not fun, plus I have a Calmini 5" lift and PRG shocks to install which will keep me occupied for now :)

I'll post a full list of part numbers when I have everything installed and properly functioning!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I keep hoping I only need to replace the door harnesess. I have all the parts now and the plan is to make a new harness that will go in the cab and connect the door harnesess to the bcm. I have the drawing and the harness made. Just need to put connectors on and do the mechanical stuff in the doors. Kinda wish I never started this but now I am about $400 into it and it is a challange. I have an 05XE so I only have two doors.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I keep hoping I only need to replace the door harnesess. I have all the parts now and the plan is to make a new harness that will go in the cab and connect the door harnesess to the bcm. I have the drawing and the harness made. Just need to put connectors on and do the mechanical stuff in the doors. Kinda wish I never started this but now I am about $400 into it and it is a challange. I have an 05XE so I only have two doors.
I thought about a separate harness or wiring, but I think it's too much work for not enough benefit. By replacing the whole main harness I'll be able to run power and heated mirrors, eventually install the e-locker switch, and potentially be able to use the VDC/HDC/HSA features in the future.

Cool that you designed your own harness, though!

In the meantime, it's getting warmer and my Calmini/PRG boxes are looking very tempting :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
got the windows to work, but the lock on the driver door switch got hooked up wrong and fried the switch. at least the parts are still on the bench and the inside of my truck isn't ripped apart. has anyone had any luck yet with this?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just spent the better part of the morning figuring out how to add solenoids (power door locks) to my '09 XE because of the cable locks. I'll be the first to admit I'm a tight a$$ when it comes to money, and all the stereo installers I spoke to were scared to death of cable locks. I'll post some pictures in the morning with a write-up. If you've got a vise, a hammer, and a drill, you can do this mod! :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
My 08 SE has all power, I believe they were port installed after the truck was built. Has anyone looked to see if there was a complete kit from Nissan dealers to do it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
my dealer wouldn't add any power options at any price. I did get them to install factory fog lights and paint the bumper, locks and mirrors. I actually wanted the LE options with a 4cyl engine. I think now I would get an SE 4cyl, I like my painted bumper tho.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Diana! Do you think you could please post up or send me the diagram for your harness you made??

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Might happen, but I checked her stats and she hasn't posted on these forums since December of 2010. Maybe someone else can help .......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Power windows

I have a 07 frontier king cab.I installed power windows and locks and all is good but the button are very cheap so i bought some on ebay and will be swapping them out with OEM switches.I have the wiring diagram for the entire truck crew cab,king cab it really comes in handy Your power locks and remote start are all there in your BCM which is body control module and all wires are color coded and numbered.

If you need a copy of the wiring diagram circuits let me know i'ts in PDF and can email.I'ts for an 06 Frontier Crew Cab or King Cab but it's the same for 05-08..
Hi, If you still have the wiring diagrams, I'd love a copy of them
please.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,396 Posts
Hi, If you still have the wiring diagrams, I'd love a copy of them
please.
The post you replied to is 11 years old.
You can get the wiring diagrams from the FSM. Here's a link.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2002 XE extra cab and want this as well as Cruise Control. I found aftermarket window kit here - has anyone here tried this and had success?? bill(at)mitchel(dot)net

21 - 38 of 38 Posts