Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Nissan Frontier SE 4x4. I love the truck, but I just wish it had power windows and locks.

I'm gonna put a remote start on it fairly soon, so I figured if I had power door locks I could have keyless entry too.

I think I'd need some door panels, power window switches, motors, harness and I'm not sure what all else. I'm sure I'd need some power door lock actuators too. I'm fairly knowledgable when it comes to automotive type stuff, so if it's all but impossible I think I'll try it. Just looking for some suggestions or info if someone can help. Hopefully someone around here has done this before. Thanks everyone, love the site.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Ive been lookin at doing the same thing to my truck. I believe the truck is already prewired and has all the fuses and everything from the factory. All that needs to be done is buying the switches, actuators, and mechanisms required for the power windows. Let me know if you find out any more information. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Get a copy of the FSM and search through it, it has some nice diagrams. Also, go to courtesyparts.com and check out their diagrams and parts. That will give you a rough estimate on how much it would cost. Then if you decide to start ordering stuff, either get it locally or try thenismoshop.com or courtesyparts.com or enissanparts.com or etc.... Good Luck with the hunt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I don't wanna go aftermarket, for sure. I want to use Nissan parts just like it would have been done from the factory. I'd probably just get the parts from a junkyard. I hope it is prewired, I'll pull a door panel and know for sure one day this week. That sure would make it easy.

Hey wolfman, I'll keep you updated on this. You can email me at [email protected] if you want to ask questions or something.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey, if you find out where to buy all the parts and how much the final cost would be for the parts, if you could post it that would be awesome because i have been looking to put in the factory power windows also. I put in switch motors for my door locks but havnt done anything with the windows yet, but would definitely like to only do nissan factory parts for the windows

·
Registered
39 Posts
try nissanpartswarehouse.com they have pretty good diagrams. I have an 05 xe that I want to add power windows and locks too. Looks pretty expensive, each window motor is 208$ and I'm not sure if we can use the same regulator, but I don't think so. Anyway, they list everything from the switches to the interior panels.

·
Registered
39 Posts
found switches on ebay paid $58 including shipping, also found window regulators with motors and power lock mechanisms? paid $235 including shipping. hopefully that's everything I need. I'm gonna take the door panel off in about a week and hope my husband will hook this stuff up for me.
any suggestions? not sure what to put in place of the window crank.

·
Registered
563 Posts
found switches on ebay paid $58 including shipping, also found window regulators with motors and power lock mechanisms? paid $235 including shipping. hopefully that's everything I need. I'm gonna take the door panel off in about a week and hope my husband will hook this stuff up for me.
any suggestions? not sure what to put in place of the window crank.
I'm actually doing the same swap on my '05 SE. Unfortunately, you will find when you remove the door panel that the wiring harness is not there. Nissan has only two wires going into the door on trucks with manual windows and locks, and those are for the speaker.

You will need the door wiring harnesses and the body harness for each side. Those will be harder to get, but I am tabulating a parts list for the swap right now. I'm trying to get as accurate as I can, including the Nissan part numbers, for those who want to do the swap in the future!

I'll also be working on cruise control, ALBS/VDC, keyless entry and other factory options as well.

I don't wanna go aftermarket, for sure. I want to use Nissan parts just like it would have been done from the factory. I'd probably just get the parts from a junkyard. I hope it is prewired, I'll pull a door panel and know for sure one day this week. That sure would make it easy.

Hey wolfman, I'll keep you updated on this. You can email me at [email protected] if you want to ask questions or something.
Stump, unfortunately, it is NOT pre-wired. I was unsure after looking at my factory service manual, but I removed the door panel and Nissan deleted those wires on the SE models with manual stuff. They use the same 16-pin plug on the body harness, but it's only got two wires going in and coming out of it (for the radio).

I'll work on getting the correct part numbers for the wiring harnesses from LE, NISMO or SE trucks with power stuff from the factory. I myself will be using wiring harnesses from an LE truck so that I can also get power, heated mirrors in the future.

EDIT

This is what I have gathered for part numbers thus far. The wire harnesses should include the wiring for the doors, and the part numbers are from a NISMO truck.

Front window regulators - #80720EA010 and #80721EA010
Rear window regulators - #82720EB000 and #82721EB000
Right body harness - #24014EA303
Left body harness - #24017EA301

I'll work on the door panel part numbers next. Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
nooooo. ok, if that's so i have the switches, regulators with motors and the power door locks available. gonna pull off the door panel first just in case my truck is different.

·
Registered
563 Posts
nooooo. ok, if that's so i have the switches, regulators with motors and the power door locks available. gonna pull off the door panel first just in case my truck is different.
Where did you get the power lock actuators from? There doesn't seem to be any mention of them in the service manual. Can you get me a part number from one of the actuators? That would be MUCH appreciated!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
got the lock actuators with the window regulators. Nordstrom's Auto Home
they had a wrecked 05 on ebay.
Is there a Nissan part number on the lock actuator? Should be five digits followed by two letters followed by three digits.

Thank you!!

*** EDIT ***

Got the part numbers on the door actuators. They have two for each side, apparently they changed the actuator at some point during production. Unfortunately, I forgot to ask if they had specific dates on those changes but I'll check back later. In any case, here they are:

Front Drivers Side (both King and Crew Cabs)
80500EA000
80500EA010

Front Passenger Side (both King and Crew Cabs)
80501EA000
80501EA010

Rear Drivers Side (Crew Cab only)
82500EB000
82500EB001

Rear Passenger Side (Crew Cab only)
82501EB000
82501EB001

Diana, can you check your actuators to see if those match? Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
has anyone on this forum done this??????

i know i can't be the only one who wants power windows and locks on their truck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone successfully installed OEM power windows on their 05+ trucks? Any luck guys? Found a cc wrecked near me and I was wondering if i can just grab the parts and harness and do a complete swap.

thanks

·
Registered
427 Posts
bump because I'm interested too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Power windows

I have an 06 Nissan Frontier SE 4x4. I love the truck, but I just wish it had power windows and locks.

I'm gonna put a remote start on it fairly soon, so I figured if I had power door locks I could have keyless entry too.

I think I'd need some door panels, power window switches, motors, harness and I'm not sure what all else. I'm sure I'd need some power door lock actuators too. I'm fairly knowledgable when it comes to automotive type stuff, so if it's all but impossible I think I'll try it. Just looking for some suggestions or info if someone can help. Hopefully someone around here has done this before. Thanks everyone, love the site.
I have a 07 frontier king cab.I installed power windows and locks and all is good but the button are very cheap so i bought some on ebay and will be swapping them out with OEM switches.I have the wiring diagram for the entire truck crew cab,king cab it really comes in handy Your power locks and remote start are all there in your BCM which is body control module and all wires are color coded and numbered.

If you need a copy of the wiring diagram circuits let me know i'ts in PDF and can email.I'ts for an 06 Frontier Crew Cab or King Cab but it's the same for 05-08..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts