Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have he 5in lift from calmini on my truck now and ive had to replace my u joints on my drive shaft both front and rear but the rear one was the only one that was messed up so i replaced both and the other drive shaft coming from the transfer case the rear one went out so i replace it and the front one. Now with 5in of lift is the shafts being put in to much of an angle for the u joints to be going out?Also my truck had about 85000 when the ones went out from the drive shaft coming from the transfer case an 105000 when the other went out from the main drive shaft. I also want to get aal and coilovers from prg to get about 2 to 3in more lift but im jus wondering if its gonna put even more stress on them an how much of an angle the cv axles are gonna have on them because the straighter they are the less strain are on them turning right?

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I just have the 3in lift and had to replace all the U joints on my truck. I just think the factory uses crappy joints. Replaced all of mine with greaseable U joints and I don't have to worry about it anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts