Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have been reading a lot about all the different options for just a simple and inexpensive way to lift my truck. but it is all a bit confusing still. so i figure i would ask what all you experts say. i was looking mainly at spacers and shackles 2", maybe 3" if its not to much trouble.
i want a simple and inexpensive lift that will give me ground clearance and i can go up a size in tires. i dont go off road a lot just the occasional trails for camping.
i have a 2005 4x4 se. thanks

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
then spacer and shackles would be good.. personly liek soild Biullted spacers liek calmini or PRG sales. wouldn't give any money to Calmini if I didn't have to.. SO look at the PRG ones there also a site sponcer and Greg is a good guy..

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
then spacer and shackles would be good.. personly liek soild Biullted spacers liek calmini or PRG sales. wouldn't give any money to Calmini if I didn't have to.. SO look at the PRG ones there also a site sponcer and Greg is a good guy..
so i checked out that site PRG and its one hell of a site. i want to go with the 3"" Frontier Leveling Kit w/ PRG Variable Height Shackle #prg-3mkvhs-f $269.00 but it saids that they recommend that i get the upper control arms. do i really need them and if so can i drive without them for a little bit until i can get the money?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ive had spacers for a year now.I havent replaced the ucas yet.Only time i know is when i go over a speed bump in a parking lot.Also had to get a alignment afterwords.I have calmini kit.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive had spacers for a year now.I havent replaced the ucas yet.Only time i know is when i go over a speed bump in a parking lot.Also had to get a alignment afterwords.I have calmini kit.
what size spacers do you have? 2" i am fine but if i go to the 3" thats when they recommend the ucas.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wouldn't lift the rear, if your only going to lift 2 inches. Would look kinda funny more or less. Tire size.... one up would be a 33... would clear that just fine.
Just my 2cents, though. They do sit higher in the rear any ways, if it's just for mall crawling any ways, no need to waist the money on any thing in the rear.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
and even if you do the front and then decide to do the rear later 1" blocks are easy to put in and no need for longer shocks and fairly inexpensive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts