Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I Have Done "ALOT" of searching for lifts for my truck, my options are "VERY" limited..

They Offer:

-FabTech-
6" Suspension Lift For Aprx $18oo.oo ($21oo.oo If You Purchase The Leafs For It)

-Ready Lift-
2.5" Lift In The Front, And 1.5" Lift In The Rear For Aprx $368.oo

They Do Have Several Other Leveling Kits, Daystar, Revtek, Procomp However Has A 5" Lift For About The Same Price As The 6" FabTech

So I Guess My Options Pretty Much Are 6" Or Simply Level..

I Was Thinking If I Put A Ready Lift On (Raising Front 2.5"/ Rear1.5) Then Threw 285/75r/16 Mud Tires The Hieght Of The Tires Would Help As Well Possibly Lifting The Front Up To 3.5" And Back 2.5"

What Do You Guys Think?

Urban

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I Considered That As Well, But If You Lift The Body How Do You Cover The Space Between The Bumper In The Back.. I Dont Want That Gap..

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Have you looked at the 5" Calmini lift?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im Sure I Have Ran Across It Thru-Out Searching I Will Look It Up Again..

With A 5" Lift Tho, Dont I Need 5" Back Spacing For My Tires? And With That Big Of Tires Will I Need To Shave My Fendors Down?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Only the FabTech requires you to use a different rim size.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm I Did Not Know That.. Why Is That? So I Could Get A Calmini And Still Use My 16 Rims Just Sling More Rubber And Get Some 33" Tires..

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Hmmm I Did Not Know That.. Why Is That?
The tie rod is flipped on the steering knuckle changing the clearance from the suspension to the wheel.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
ahhhh okay that makes since now.. i didn not know that i appreciate the info.. defininatly give me more to think about now..

what are "Sway-a-way Coil Overs For?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts