Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 4x4 SE with a PRG 3" Advanced lift in the front including coilovers and UCAs. I am running Nitto Terra Grappler 33s on stock rims.
I had to remove the back mudflaps and trim/ bend the plastic as well as roll the sheet metal a little to stop the rubbing but it wasn't hard.
Ran without rubbing for 6 weeks.
Now the left front tire rubs on the front little mudflap all the sudden.
It looks to me like the left wheel has actually shifted forward slightly.
Is this possible?
I did not touch or adjust anything for the six weeks of no rubbing, then all of the sudden, lots of rubbing even at pretty mild turning.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I know I can fix the rubbing the real question is did the suspension shift forward? Maybe its an alignment thing after the suspension settled in?

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
It could be an alignment issue and it can also be a CO issue. I would measure both the fender heights on the left and right side of the truck to ensure they are still the same.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
sounds like the alignment took a very sudden shift, take it back to the shop you got the alignment at and depending one when you had it done last it may be under warranty and if not go get yourself a lifetime alignment

·
Registered
880 Posts
I know that my CO's settled fairly dramatically over the course of the first 2 weeks I had them. Maybe an inch and a bit. Might be your cause too, but doubt it. Have a look and see if your LCA cam bolts look similar Driver side and Passenger. If not maybe they were lose enough to move????

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
yeah i was thinking if it was pretty recently that an alignment was done that you need to ask your shop why his guys don't know how to torque bolts down properly and pitch a fit about it cause one of the last places you want bolts not torqued properly is your suspension, that puts your safety on the line and whoever is riding with you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts