Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey yall,

Ive started to piece together my options for my lift. Im going for a 3" total in lift. Im not dead set on any of these options, they were in my opinion the best option to my knowledge. If you feel other wise or have a better option, please let me know where it is and why you think it is better. Im also not trying to break the bank on this lift. I know it will cost a considerable amount but im still trying to keep it to the minimum. I know that im already at $550 with out install. And let me know if i need anything else to complete the lift properly. Thanks guys.

Frontier lift with idler brace
https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/frontier-front-lift-with-idler-arm-brace-p-249.html

3 leaf AAL
https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/leaf-addaleaf-pack-p-2858.htm
(Dont know much bout shackles so thats why i chose leafs)

Thanks yall.

·
Registered
515 Posts
you forgot shocks. you should also look around to see if you can find a used setup like SLR

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i would suggest something with aftermarket tbars, since that would provide the best performance improovement with ride quality maybe use those lifts with aftermarket bars.

i didn't mess with my tbar setup, but being on the boards for all these years people have voiced more satisfaction with firmer aftermarket tbars. i'm not familiar with those lifts, just giving up what info i got.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had seen that kit, but i thought that it was a lot of money. I knew that i would need longer rear shocks but do i need longer front shocks too? Also i looked through the FAQ for SLR but i couldnt find anything on the kit, how much it costs, where to get it. Only a comparison of it and the AC lift kit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have you decided on whether your gonna do a body lift or suspension lift? suspension will run you about 950 but is easier and less time consuming to install. but body will run about 300-400 but takes a while to disconnect and connect everything back together. I'm putting both on my truck so thats why i know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really want a suspension lift. I have never liked the body lifts. But if this price thing dont get any better...i may have to go that way....

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I had seen that kit, but i thought that it was a lot of money. I knew that i would need longer rear shocks but do i need longer front shocks too? Also i looked through the FAQ for SLR but i couldnt find anything on the kit, how much it costs, where to get it. Only a comparison of it and the AC lift kit.
It may be a lot but you need pretty much everything there.

Oh by the way, you may just forget about an SLR kit.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
you are going to have a terrible ride by skipping on the longer shocks. factory shocks are not valved to run that stretched apart and they will ride very rough.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright. thanks for the input. Why do you think i need to skip on the SLR kit?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
SLR is no longer a company. I've heard he is making people some of his products again but I've got no idea how to get a hold of him or even what he is willing to make (bummer, I'd love a diff drop kit). Also, if the $950 kit from AC is pushing your budget, his prices will make you loose your lunch. It's some top of the line stuff might I add. If you miraculously come across a used kit, by all means buy it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've got the full 3" suspension lift from AC. Its worth it to save your money and get the kit than to try and frustrate yourself with an incomplete kit that might ride like crap. If you're in NC check out NOAS | Nissan Offroad Association of the Southeast, wealth of knowledge and helpful guys on there. If you're patient keep an eye on RONIN Wheelers and other offroad nissan forums. A lot of guys SAS their rigs (fronty's and xterras) and you may be able to pick up a used kit for cheap. Good luck.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
because the company no longer exists. supposedly the owner does side work, but i personally wouldn't do business unless i could make arrangements in person.
they were local to socal and i called them and told them what i wanted (cams and a large bore throttle body) and that i had cash in hand and they blew me off.

·
Registered
515 Posts
when was that beef?

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
when the company was still in business. probably sometime in mid '07.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
+1 As much as I would like to have some of his stuff it's just not worth the risk. SL has a bad track record.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
ive delt with spencer low on 3 different occasions since he went out of business, hes a great guy and has made good on ALL the people he owed kits... he even gave me his phone number for when i went to install one of his diff drop kits that i got (about 5 months ago)

stop bashing him.... you guys have personally not had contact with him, its all hearsay

these are the reasons no one makes products for us, one bad thing blows up and then all of a sudden ohh no im not gonna buy this, or im not gonna buy that

btw, spencer can be reached by his email... he usually responds within the hour

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i'm not talking bad, just stating facts.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
i'm not talking bad, just stating facts.
but did you state ALL the facts? no

its funny how the bad things far out weigh the numerous good things

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I'm not trying to bash him, honestly. I'm sure he is a great guy. I just wish he was actually a business.

ETA: No, I have never dealt with him. I'm just not about to send money to some guy who once before owed people money and could not be gotten a hold of. At least then he was a company.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts