Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 P4X CC AT.
Use: 95% pavement. No hard core max articulation even when off-road.
I plan on owning this for a decade with no substantive change in use.

So, I'm looking for a long-term solution (pre-packaged kit or piece-meal items) to address known deficiencies (rear leaf sag) and achieve desired characteristics for stance.

Goals:
1. Increase load capacity without "significantly" compromising street ride (say 300-500 lbs increase in bed weight over OEM).
2. Add 2" front, with slight rake (rear higher by .25" to max 1.0" without load).
3. Ability to pull motorcycle trailer (https://www.kendonusa.com/product/single-stand-up-motorcycle-trailer/) with combined weight of <1,300lbs., tounge weight <400lbs.
4. Solve OEM leaf spring sag once and for all.
5. Future option to increase tire size up to 285/75/16 (32.83" dia.) without cutting fenders/wheel wells.

The PRG 2x2 AAL does not meet #1, #2 and probably #4.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
What is the GVWR of your vehicle? 4700-5800 GVWR is what is listed for Frontiers.
Air bags will help but no matter what you do, legally you can't exceed the GVWR.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
2016 P4X CC AT.
Use: 95% pavement. No hard core max articulation even when off-road.
I plan on owning this for a decade with no substantive change in use.

So, I'm looking for a long-term solution (pre-packaged kit or piece-meal items) to address known deficiencies (rear leaf sag) and achieve desired characteristics for stance.

Goals:
1. Increase load capacity without "significantly" compromising street ride (say 300-500 lbs increase in bed weight over OEM).
2. Add 2" front, with slight rake (rear higher by .25" to max 1.0" without load).
3. Ability to pull motorcycle trailer (https://www.kendonusa.com/product/single-stand-up-motorcycle-trailer/) with combined weight of <1,300lbs., tounge weight <400lbs.
4. Solve OEM leaf spring sag once and for all.
5. Future option to increase tire size up to 285/75/16 (32.83" dia.) without cutting fenders/wheel wells.

The PRG 2x2 AAL does not meet #1, #2 and probably #4.
1. Airbags, there's a few threads about the Firestone RideRite setup in the forum for more info.

2. 2" up front is easy, 3" in the back is easy. Read the Suspension Sticky for your options. Then check out other member's suspension setups. You should be able to find all the answers you need.

3. Can't help you here.

4. The only way to really solve this long term is to go aftermarket full leaf replacement.

5. No cutting? Not gonna happen. EDIT: I consider removing parts for clearance in the same category as "cutting" in this subject.

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
1) Air bags, I'm not sure going over OEM recommended specs is a stellar idea but the bags will allow you to use the bed/truck weight rating to its fullest. they'll allow you to level out your truck so your headlights are pointing in the right direction and help with the steering feel as well.

2) spacer for the front, air bag with some air in it for the back (maybe a block to, there cheap)

3) your truck should handle that load without even breathing hard... (I'm assuming you have a receiver hitch and trailer wiring...)

4) get rid of OEM leafs. and no AAL don't help for long.

5) keep in mind the amount of "cutting" needed is minimal... my nitto's measured out to a full 33" new and it was less than a one wobbly pop job to get the air damn and mud flaps off as well as trim the inner fender and move the inner fender liner out of the way a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts