Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got some ideas for a new suspension setup and was looking for advise. I went to a place called Crawltex and came up with this monster idea. Camburg Titan Long travel uppers and lowers from there race kit Race Series Long-Travel Kit | Camburg Engineering. (I called camburg and since my truck looks almost identical to there Titan, they are hooking it up).

I was told these are the best for the setup King Shock Technology 2.5" Coil Over Shocks with Springs. The shop is going to build custom shock hoops and an engine cage for $1500. What do you guys think about this?

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Dude its gonna be bad a$$. But what do you mean there gonna hook you up? Isnt that kit a pretty penny.

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
lol i was thinking it was around 5k. but after everything said and done. your looking into 8k.

you could sas for that price. they better give you one crazy reach around.
its a nice kit. and it performs too. but i would go a little cheaper if your just planning on using it as mostly show.

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
do you mean as in work to make your truck amazing or physically work on your truck??

its a lot of custom work. but yeah it will fit. and after its done yeah it will be baller.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
It really wouldn't work on your truck to just use their uppers and lowers with shock hoops. How would you adapt your vertical uniball spindle to their horizontal on the upper? It really is pointless to try to adapt this kit unless you are building a race truck, and at that point it's WAY better to go custom and not so wide.

You will still be limited to 14" of travel or less, so in my opinion it is quite a waste of money.

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
yeah it will fit. but its not going to be bolt on hahahaha.
hoops and is there a new upper control arm mount to?
either inner tie rods or a whole titan steering rack.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Just wanted to make sure I was not going to run into any major problems. Allow 3-6 weeks for delivery :)
You will definitely run into problems. Like steering rack, outer tie rods being 2ft long, lower cross member flexing like a mofo every time you brake, the spindle and upper arms are set up to move the wheels forward for clearance on the titan...so imagine the issues you will run into being that wide; you are creating an immense amount of lateral force.

And not to be a dick; but I doubt you will ever need that much suspension up front. If you want to go faster in the dirt, set up your rear suspension.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
yah maybe just a custom setup like lances would be more suitable, custom titan swap with shock hoops and bumps. Then maybe a spring under conversion or something with king bypasses going through the bed in the back. So instead of spending all that money for just the front, you can spend the same amount for the back and the front.

Check out the rear of this titan from DMZ. I want to do something like this one day hahaha. Also there are a lot of other sweet rear setups in the customers photo pages on that website. Mostly toyotas, but some real clean work.

DMZ Fabrication - Pete's 2005 Nissan Titan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts