Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on what the title says, i think my paranoia is kicking in again and in full effect. Who knows....

Anyways, i recently did some very light off roading with my truck after i installed my extend travel kit a few weeks back and now my suspicion won't stop clunking when i go over a speed bump and my steering clunks when i turn the wheel.

I did not hit anything hard, nor did i overextend anything from what i believe. It has gotten colder than normal here in Texas so i under of that has anything to do with it and the other part of me has me worried because my Radflo coil overs are making a squeaky noise too.

My tie rods are new thanks to the grease monkeys at Nissan that fu**ed them up a few months back and my suspicion was recently re torqued after my lift.

i am used to some minor squeak but nothing from the front coils nor from the steering.

What do you guys think? could it just be the cold??

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
How many miles has it been since you did the lift and re-torqued the bolts?

First suspect would be the bolts. next would be how tall have you cranked the CO? They could be topping out. Are your steering links stock or heim joints? heims can make noise. first thing to do is pressure wash everything out, spray out the water with compressor air, then lube the joints with spray dry graphite.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many miles has it been since you did the lift and re-torqued the bolts?

First suspect would be the bolts. next would be how tall have you cranked the CO? They could be topping out. Are your steering links stock or heim joints? heims can make noise. first thing to do is pressure wash everything out, spray out the water with compressor air, then lube the joints with spray dry graphite.
well, i had the bolts re torqued about 2 weeks or a thousand miles after the lift and as far api can tell there are none loose. My coilers are set a 2 inches with a 1 inch spacer on top of them. wasn't an issue in the past but maybe now?

joints are all stock with exception of steering tie rods. I guess i just need to give everything a good wash and lube everything back up. I also need to re grease my SPC upper arms too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts