Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
IDK anything about supertech I paid about the same for enos @Napa but if your not able to get that, others or oem at around the same price I guess its better than not doing it at all

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would be ok with using it. Are you just doing a drain and fill?
Drain x3 and fill as per instructions here. Flushed until all fluid clear on the dip stick. New to me truck ... unknown maintenance history b/c of previous owners health.
99K on the way home from purchase, now has 103K ... shifts great with no issues.

On the SuperTech brand ... I was skeptical in the past but have seen other others using it on other forums. It seems to me that all we can go on is the specs, which according to the bottle at least, are sufficient. Nissan nor Walmart do not have their own refineries so they gotta purchase the AFT, and others fluids, from somebody who produces such products.

My truck, 2006 Frontier XE, 4 banger .... is a commuter, only tow a light utility trailer once in a while. I'll watch the ATF closely for discoloration.

Thanks, Sirkitrider

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Drain x3 and fill as per instructions here. Flushed until all fluid clear on the dip stick. New to me truck ... unknown maintenance history b/c of previous owners health.
99K on the way home from purchase, now has 103K ... shifts great with no issues.

On the SuperTech brand ... I was skeptical in the past but have seen other others using it on other forums. It seems to me that all we can go on is the specs, which according to the bottle at least, are sufficient. Nissan nor Walmart do not have their own refineries so they gotta purchase the AFT, and others fluids, from somebody who produces such products.

My truck, 2006 Frontier XE, 4 banger .... is a commuter, only tow a light utility trailer once in a while. I'll watch the ATF closely for discoloration.

Thanks, Sirkitrider
I only do 1 drain and fill at a time. My philosophy is small changes at one time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I only do 1 drain and fill at a time. My philosophy is small changes at one time.
Yeah next time I will do that ... just got the truck and don't know the service history, so I wanted to flush out as much as I could.

Sirkitrider

Valvoline MaxLife full-synthetic is highly-rated and cheaper than the SuperTech ATF:
Yeah I went there to get Maxlife .... they did not have any on the shelf at two different stores:-(

Some on other boards think they have stopped carrying it?

Sirkitrider

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah I went there to get Maxlife .... they did not have any on the shelf at two different stores

Sirkitrider

That kinda sux!

I checked and it was available to be shipped to my local store for free; also, they have a 2-day free shipping offer on orders $35+. So you could buy 2 or more gallons and have it shipped right to your residence.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Yeah next time I will do that ... just got the truck and don't know the service history, so I wanted to flush out as much as I could.

Sirkitrider

Yeah I went there to get Maxlife .... they did not have any on the shelf at two different stores:-(

Sirkitrider
One thing to never do it a flush. There are many accounts of a old transmission getting a full flush and it stops working. Based on this information I figure it is better to be safe if just a portion of the fluid is replace instead of all of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts