Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and yeah they better be for what I paid. Will definitely post pics. Just waiting for my buddy to get off work to help me hold them in place :)

Those look pretty good (from what I can tell). Would love to see pics of those mounted up! The only other sliders that I am aware of that are bolt on, are Hefty.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
So if I am seeing right and am understanding the description on the builder's site. These bolt on to the body the same place the stock steps do and not on the frame. If so I would be worried about coming down on a rock with them as they would likely buckle the body. If they are just to be used as a step or for looks, then they should be fine.

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
So if I am seeing right and am understanding the description on the builder's site. These bolt on to the body the same place the stock steps do and not on the frame. If so I would be worried about coming down on a rock with them as they would likely buckle the body. If they are just to be used as a step or for looks, then they should be fine.
That's a common misconception - I don't think the description on the web site is very good. They do bolt to the frame, just like every other rock slider. The body seam is used for reinforcement. My parents have these sliders on their Tacoma and they have taken a lot of abuse.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Those look pretty good (from what I can tell). Would love to see pics of those mounted up! The only other sliders that I am aware of that are bolt on, are Hefty.
FYI... Shrockworks and White Knuckle Off Road sliders also bolt to the frame.

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
Aren't the OEM step rail attachment frame studs/bolts kinda spindly? IIRC, the recommended torque for attaching the OEM step rails was very low, though this could be due to the materials used to make the OEM step rails.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do not know about that but I am going to be installing shortly - pics on the way :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Can you take a few pics from underneath at where the are mounted? With what the mounting points look like in the first pictures you posted I really want to see how these go on compared to other manufacturers.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Really nice. Quick question. I want to get sliders at some point but the one thing I am concerned about is how far they stick out. I hate steps and running boards because in the winter they hold snow and inevitably every time you get in and out you hit your pants on it and end up with wet pant legs (yeah, I know, first world problems). It looks like this don't stick out very far. Can you tell when you get in / out of the truck if you tend to bump them with your leg. Thanks

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Man for the price these look nice.... the ONLY thing why I might go for the White Knuckle is the kick out in the back

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can you take a few pics from underneath at where the are mounted? With what the mounting points look like in the first pictures you posted I really want to see how these go on compared to other manufacturers.

Thanks!
Sure, here you go. Sorry about the delay but work has been crazy.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, it will take some time to get used to them because I am slightly rubbing them but I don't care. I can avoid rubbing them if I try with a little effort. They stick out about 2 and 1/2 inches. I think that is pretty decent for what you get: rock sliders, a step, and some door ding protection :)

Really nice. Quick question. I want to get sliders at some point but the one thing I am concerned about is how far they stick out. I hate steps and running boards because in the winter they hold snow and inevitably every time you get in and out you hit your pants on it and end up with wet pant legs (yeah, I know, first world problems). It looks like this don't stick out very far. Can you tell when you get in / out of the truck if you tend to bump them with your leg. Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts