Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I called Superior hoping to pre-order gears for M205. and was told they are 12 to 16 months out… They been giving the same line of BS for the last 3 years I have been trying to re-gear my truck. I talked to them before Christmas and was told it should be 90days out. Based on that I just dropped $3k on a 9 inch geared 4:56 and new front dif to be regearded. I wish there was another option to get gears. Because I really don’t want to give those guys money, there customer service sucks.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
4wd is for suckers:)

Have you looked at the f150 front diffs? Just from crawling under one of the newer ones it looks damn close to the Titan diff..doesn't look like it would be too hard to adapt.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
yeah they pretty much suck

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
So I called Superior hoping to pre-order gears for M205. and was told they are 12 to 16 months out… They been giving the same line of BS for the last 3 years I have been trying to re-gear my truck. I talked to them before Christmas and was told it should be 90days out. Based on that I just dropped $3k on a 9 inch geared 4:56 and new front dif to be regearded. I wish there was another option to get gears. Because I really don’t want to give those guys money, there customer service sucks.
I am sure you saw that thread on pirate4x4 with other company looking in to making gears but I don't see them being done in a year.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
from what I understand 3.69 for a m205 is not availble anywhere correct? I'd much rather not have to touch the rear right now, just want some added sercurity for the front and go m205.

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
superior has 4:10 and 4:56 out for the M226 and they have been saying that gears for the m205 should be out. I think they are only doing those 2 gears.
Yup, the m226 has hit the market in only 4.10 and the 4.56 and not the 3.73 that everyone was interested in since not all need the full 4.10 for their DD when they are 3.13 stock.

Hopefully Superior will step up to the plate and get this done especially since people have already started buying the rear gears and installing on their 4x4 with the plan on doing the front when they are released and I am sure, they will be pissed if Superior backs out.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm sorry if this comes across as being ignorant but is it really that hard to make new gears? For any truck? As long as you know the overall size of the ring and pinion, all you need to do is add more or less teeth from there, right? With all the machines available nowadays to do cutting and machining for you, I don't understand why it's such a process. Or am I way off base here?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
un F'n believable!

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
There is a guy doing the 8.8 IFS. He told some one I know it was damn near bolt on. If you Girdle the cover, it should be bullet proof. Since the 8.8 uses flanged inner cvs you get all kinds of options. You Know who to call. Or you could stick with the nissan junk, since I know you guys all think the m226 is so much better than an 8.8

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
randy's ring and pinion showed interest in making gear sets , but if they get into the market it would be a long time before we saw front gears for the titan as well

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
This is disappointing. I wonder how much it would cost just to have gears cut for the m205?

·
Registered
144 Posts
There is a guy doing the 8.8 IFS. He told some one I know it was damn near bolt on. If you Girdle the cover, it should be bullet proof. Since the 8.8 uses flanged inner cvs you get all kinds of options. You Know who to call. Or you could stick with the nissan junk, since I know you guys all think the m226 is so much better than an 8.8
This would be a sick option you have any more info on this like a link to a build thread?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
x 2 nizmut. that seems like an awesome alternative

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
these were much needed for me so i guess ill go back to 33"s. Hope someone we can get them to change their mind cause its 1 diff that 2 models of trucks are waiting on

1 - 20 of 28 Posts