Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to register new tpms sensors (for my winter wheels) or to reset the tpms with a superchips cortex tuner?

Also, can it display transmission temp on the 6sp manual tranny?

I am debating getting one to up my idle 50rpm as well. If I can do all three of these things its worth it to me and I'm getting one.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
No, the SC cortex will do nothing for the TPMS, and Nissan(and a very few aftermarket companies) are the only ones who make the software to register the damn things.
There is no temp sensor in the 6 speed trans, so no the cortex will not read the temp. You can get an aftermarket gauge and sender unit and put it in though.
and yes, the cortex can up you idle in 25 rpm increments from stock (625) up to +250 (875 rpms). And the 50 rpm works great.

·
Registered
252 Posts
No, the SC cortex will do nothing for the TPMS, and Nissan(and a very few aftermarket companies) are the only ones who make the software to register the damn things.
There is no temp sensor in the 6 speed trans, so no the cortex will not read the temp. You can get an aftermarket gauge and sender unit and put it in though.
and yes, the cortex can up you idle in 25 rpm increments from stock (625) up to +250 (875 rpms). And the 50 rpm works great.
what does the 50rpm increase do for ya?

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
There are two factory temp. sensors in the auto. trans. (for Consult II) one is right under the valve body; w/o knowing the values of the sensors or the effects of a voltage drop from tappin' into one it's not a good idea to go messin' with em'.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
There are two factory temp. sensors in the auto. trans. (for Consult II) one is right under the valve body; w/o knowing the values of the sensors or the effects of a voltage drop from tappin' into one it's not a good idea to go messin' with em'.
Well than I sit corrected, thanks for clearing that up Devius.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Spent some time lookin' at the Fronty SM... Cuz some of the Titan guys have an un-used trans. temp. wire in the cluster harness.
We don't :(

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
Spent some time lookin' at the Fronty SM... Cuz some of the Titan guys have an un-used trans. temp. wire in the cluster harness.
We don't :(
I based my "no sensor" comment on two things (I assumed, oops):

1) people were adding aftermarket sensors
2) my Scangauge II can't read the tranny temp

So I learned two things today:

1) our trucks do have tranny temp sensors
2) don't assume anything <----- tough one right there

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
... my Scangauge II can't read the tranny temp...
.. don't assume anything...
^the Scangauge doesn't show that info? if the Consult II can?..
.. I assumed it would :(

·
Registered
574 Posts
TPMS is one of the worst damn additions to vehicles in the last 10-years.
Why? Exactly why do we have to pay for all the retards in Ford Explorers who never checked their air pressures, and rode those Firestone Wilderness tires until they failed?
I blame all this TPMS crap on Firestone and Ford.
Auto manufacturers have to pony up and give the vehicle owner the ability to push a button and reset the stupid TPMS.
I still have a nice set of Titan 17" wheels to sell, I bought all 4 wheels for $200, and then discoved it would cost about $384 to buy new sensors and then $50 to reflash the memory twice a year when I changed from summer tires to snow tires, so I said the hellll with it, and never even used the new wheels.
I hate TPMS!!!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
TPMS is one of the worst damn additions to vehicles in the last 10-years.
Why? Exactly why do we have to pay for all the retards in Ford Explorers who never checked their air pressures, and rode those Firestone Wilderness tires until they failed?
I blame all this TPMS crap on Firestone and Ford.
Auto manufacturers have to pony up and give the vehicle owner the ability to push a button and reset the stupid TPMS.
I still have a nice set of Titan 17" wheels to sell, I bought all 4 wheels for $200, and then discoved it would cost about $384 to buy new sensors and then $50 to reflash the memory twice a year when I changed from summer tires to snow tires, so I said the hellll with it, and never even used the new wheels.
I hate TPMS!!!
Take your dash apart and kill the TPMS light.

Hmmm... I wonder if those sensors are part of the "engine load" calculation.
Dunno.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
TPMS is one of the worst damn additions to vehicles in the last 10-years..... I hate TPMS!!!
^ kinda came in handy when it came on while I was in teh freeway... I pulled over to see WTH was up... nice to find a nail/leak before the truck started "tilting".

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
They can be a nuisance that's for sure, especially in fall and winter as the average temp outside falls.
But, I appreciate knowing sooner rather than later that I need some air in the tire(s).

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
I'll expect to see you in my driveway tonight, I'll have a beer or two while I watch ya do it for me. :)
Did you say beer? :wtf: For me, or you, or both?
Hmmm . . tempting but I'll be chilling on the couch tonight, sorry.

Run a drill bit through the cluster plastics and into the display light for the TPMS and be done with it.
Shouldn't take more than 2 minutes unless you have to look around for your drill and drill bit. LOL

And then there is this stuff called "electrical tape" that you could put on your display to cover the light up, have you heard of it? :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts