Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when hooking the tuner to the truck to download its stock tune into the cortex, it is suppose to give you a file number to subsequently load back onto the superchip server. No stock file number appears on the cortex screen when I go through the process. It tells me that it has been uploaded but no file number shows on the screen. when I uploaded it back onto the superchip server it shows nothing. I have done this about 4 times. any suggestions from anyone?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have you looked through the advanced options when the tuner is plugged in? I don't remember the exact menu order but look through the menus for the vehicle information category. The number should be there. The stock number doesn't show up on the tuner unless you look there.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
PM'd ya dustoff.:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got everything working as it was suppose to and it gave me the file identification number. However while loading the "87" tune I noticed that the buttons on the front of the unit (the up, down, left, right and "ok") were extremely hard to make work. I mean you had to push really hard for them to work and sometimes you had to push several times hard and hold to get it to work. So I called Superchips and talked to the tech guys and they immediately told me to install the "stock" tune back on my truck and send the unit back to them. They will make whatever corrections are necessary to the unit and get it back to me ASAP. Excellent customer service in my opinion. I just hope the process does not take too long.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Well that kinda sux, did you get it back yet? Get to go for a drive with it yet?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not back yet

No I have not gotten it back from Superchips yet and I did not have a chance to drive the truck with it tuned. I am sorta frustrated at this point, but hopefully Superchips can make the corrections and get it back to me soon.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I don't remember mine displaying a file number...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts