Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok my girl and i want to supercharger her 01 frontier. its a 3.3 v6, automatic, 4wheel. Its non supercharger know, but i can find a supercharger but i want to now what i have to change from a non-sc to supercharger? and i need price and where to get the parts if different.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
buy a supercharged truck.

its not worth the time or money to put and OEM SC on it for the few hp you get

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would if i had the cash, but the thing is she wants it that way and she only paid 450 for the truck and only has put a grand into and its great truck.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
on the SC the cams, pistons ECU injectors are all diffrent and that adds up very very fast

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Welcome! enjoy!

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
if you/she wants more power, replace the motor. the 3.3 SC wasnt worth it to begin with.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
It has been done. Adding the supercharger to the top of a NA VG33e creates a higher compression engine, adding more power, requiring 91. Yes the pic is big, but it makes it readable. Notice the new AC compressor..also notice in the notes that it didnt run well without the ER ECM, so they put one in.

·
Registered
397 Posts
hmm wish it had the part numbers for the idler pulley set up.

i wonder why they had to change the ac compressor?

·
Registered
13 Posts
i would if i had the cash, but the thing is she wants it that way and she only paid 450 for the truck and only has put a grand into and its great truck.
Can I get an update on this thread? I have an '03 3.3L V6, recently found a supercharger and wondering what do I need to take off of the previous engine to make it compatible. Also, wondering how did your supercharger addition turn out?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts