Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I want to say there are no difference. I checked courtesy to see if they have different part numbers and they do not.

The other reason for there not being differences is the amount of work to go into building the SC engine. I doubt Nissan would have made a totally different block for a very small amount of trucks. Same goes for the heads as well. Usually SCs are bolt on items to regular stock parts.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
pretty darn sure they are the same, just from the valley up different. remember the VG was made for boost in the 300zx's :thumbsup:

·
Registered
475 Posts
yea i just put a s/c on my s/e and im almost 100% posttive that they are the same. the s/c didnt provide enough of a difference in power to change the fuel system. but yea manifolds are different of course, crank pulleys on s/c models have 6-ribs driving the s/c and a/c as opposed to 4 ribs, and of course the ecu's are different. other than that everything should be the same. some people say that the pistons are different between the two to provide more compression in the s/c models but thats impossible because the displacement is the same.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, guys. Seems like all I have to check is the specs of the pistons. My SC engine blew a head gasket, maybe both, and I'm thinkin' a long block w/20 or 30K on it is the way to go. Still thinkin' about it. Kinda on tilt right now.

·
Registered
475 Posts
well in that case do you all think there is enough difference to lose 2-3 psi cause im running my pistons that were in my s/e and im getting 3 psi. i though is was either the bypass valve not shutting all the way or the crank pulleys being a different size. wishful thinking of course.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
SC'd engines have lower compression pistions and different crank and rods

there was a pic off all the different parts that were on a SC and the cost to convert a NA to a SC, it was in upwards of 4 grand and included different pistons, rods and crank

Piston dish or dome volume is not included in displacement calculation.
your correct, its bore and stroke that calculate displacement

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.