Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After over 80 members have looked at this post- I am stunned that no one else has any info of supercharger mods.

Well, with the extra 3 to 4 pounds of boost, horsepower goes up 25 and torgue goes up 40 at the rear wheels which brings performance equal or better to the new 4.0 liter.

Oh Oh , the reason that most new exhuast systems do not produce anything but failed horsepower claims and poorer fuel milage is that Nissan tuned your motors for the exact XXXX of back pressure.

On the other hand, a supercharged motor loves lower back pressure . Anyone like to guess what we will have once the correct muffler and pipe and cat are installed. A special baffled muffler with pressure gate will maintain lower rpm backpressure for torgue and open up for mid to top end MAX MAX POWER !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not have any specific muffler, the tail pipe is big enough to flow and only the the muffler and cat restrict. Look for a large flow capacity muffler that is only slightly loader than stock. Low end torque wants backpresser.
I am looking for a muffler like the factory one possibly used on corvettes that are somewhat quiet at low HP and may have a bipass that opens up as pressure grows to allow the top end to flow. ???????????????
I have not yet installed the supercharger upgrade yet but next week maybe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts