Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way without buying new, to reform the sin visors back to the way they are supposed to be? Who ever had the truck before me i think used to keep a stack of papers or whatever up there and now it's deformed.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
3,549 Posts
Is there a way without buying new, to reform the sin visors back to the way they are supposed to be? Who ever had the truck before me i think used to keep a stack of papers or whatever up there and now it's deformed.
Deformed or just doesn't stay up against the headliner?

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
They tend to warp over time, which is what I think he's referring to. My 2003's are that way. I know some you can still get new from Nissan, but they aren't cheap. I would assume a custom upholstery shop would be able to rebuild them but at what cost, I do not know.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
They tend to warp over time, which is what I think he's referring to. My 2003's are that way. I know some you can still get new from Nissan, but they aren't cheap. I would assume a custom upholstery shop would be able to rebuild them but at what cost, I do not know.
I bought new ones off Ebay a few years ago .
They were about $70-80 ea.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I would think so; inside is just cardboard. I'd guess an upholstery place could use masonite or similar instead.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I would think so; inside is just cardboard. I'd guess an upholstery place could use masonite or similar instead.
I checked with one upholstery shop and they wanted like 40 bucks each to redo mine so I just figured I'd buy new ones instead.

But my decision was based mostly on the messed up attitude that guy had. He acted like i was bothering him.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I checked with one upholstery shop and they wanted like 40 bucks each to redo mine so I just figured I'd buy new ones instead.

But my decision was based mostly on the messed up attitude that guy had. He acted like i was bothering him.
I'll bet new ones aren't cheap either !

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Are they plastic on the inside? Ive been trying to find youtube videos but no such luck
On my 1998 Frontier, the inside of the visor is cardboard.

Reactions: Here2Learn

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Are they plastic on the inside? Ive been trying to find youtube videos but no such luck
There was a thread posted here approximately 6 months ago that is about recovering the sun visors with pics.
I don't remember which CF member posted it but I'm sure you can find it with a quick search.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Okay it was about a year ago. Here's a link to it.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I got a visor out of a 1st Gen Xterra and who would've knew it wouldn't work in the Frontier. Everything is the same from the front seats to the windshield but the Xterra visor was a tad too short. Go figure.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I got a visor out of a 1st Gen Xterra and who would've knew it wouldn't work in the Frontier. Everything is the same from the front seats to the windshield but the Xterra visor was a tad too short. Go figure.
I wonder if the difference is in the earlier 1st gen Frontiers because i had got a visor from a JY 1st gen 02 Xterra that fit perfectly in my 04.

I know the A pillar trim on the 98-01 Frontiers are different than 02-04.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts