Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I want to lift my truck 2016 CC SV. I'm looking for a 1.5" to 2.0" lift. This is not for off road use, just daily drive. I've been looking on PRG website and I saw 2 products that's I'm curious about. the AAL and the shocks and struts that give you a lift that's adjustable. Can these be used together? I like to AAL because it would help with the squat when a carry stuff and towing. I'm a noobie to trucks and a infant to lifting, so take it easy on me. Any thoughts would be welcomed. Also I'm not locked in to getting it from PRG, I just want what works well.

Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
The AAL would be a great choice for the rear. For the front you could go with adjustables, or you could just grab a 1.5" spacer. Does not affect ride at all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw the spacers on PRG. They recommend cam bolts after spacers. If I can get it done with less hardware, that's the route I want to go. Again I'm just going by what I'm reading. I'm clueless about this.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The cam bolts are needed for alignment on pretty much any lift. This allows your lower control arm to slide in and out enough to setthe wheel camber after the lift. On my 2014 I only needed one cam bolt to get everything within spec with the alignment using a 2" spacer.

·
Rogue Admin
13,351 Posts
Just go with a simple spacer, AAL and the cam bolts. Do it all at once and be done with it. A body lift will give you up to 2" rather cheaply and easily as well, leaving the stock suspension alone.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have some questions as well. The above thread is good, but doesn't answer a few things.

I noticed a lot of people like a higher lift on the front than on the rear. I'm thinking I'd like it about even, or maybe more in the rear to make up for a trailer or payload.

Any thoughts on this 2"/2" kit? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V5FN1XW

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Most people want to level their rigs, so the front lift is a little more than the rear. If you want to keep the stock rake, installing an equal height lift will do that.

If you are going to tow or haul weight, the Add A Leaf (AAL) setup is MUCH better than blocks. The stock springs on both Frontiers and Xterras are prone to flattening out and the AAL helps prolong their life. Blocks can actually speed up the flattening process.

Buy quality parts, do it once and save money in the long run. Cam bolts should be purchased to have on hand when you get your post lift alignment, however, they are not always necessary. Both my Frontier and my Xterra did not need the cam bolts after the lift was installed. I still have a brand new set that I am keeping for possible future use if I decide to go up more.

·
Rogue Admin
13,351 Posts
^ I would disagree a bit that AAL is better for towing or hauling heavy weight, as most AAL systems get you to remove the overload spring; the springs flatten quickly with constant towing or loads. I've been there, I know. I would suggest shackles for those if you keep the stock rear springs. Personally, I added air bags immediately after going the AAL route and just a few weeks ago finally got a custom set of HD lift springs made to work with my airbags.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hmm, if that's the case, I'll consider this kit: PRG Products

My only concern is eliminating the OL spring, which, I do tend to go over the rated loads once in a blue moon. It wouldn't be beyond me to throw 2000# of blocks in the back.

·
Rogue Admin
13,351 Posts

My only concern is eliminating the OL spring, which, I do tend to go over the rated loads once in a blue moon. It wouldn't be beyond me to throw 2000# of blocks in the back.
Adding airbags to my truck is still one of the best mods I have ever done. Air them down when not needed, pump them up when weight gets heavy. Using my bags let me get another few years out of my rear leaf springs

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
I feel like I'm seeing/reading the same conversation in two different threads at the same time lol

·
Registered
240 Posts
It seems that there's no correct way of doing it, just a bunch of different ways. I think I'm going to go with the 4-corner PRG 2" package, keep the overload springs and call it a day.

I was going to go with airbags, but I'm going to save that for another time.

·
Registered
40 Posts

I'm not sure on your budget, but maybe look into Old Man Emu HD springs. on Nisstec's website they're about 500$. Would give you more payload capacity and 1.5" of lift. I think you could keep your stock shocks/brake lines/ etc.

OME Dakar HD lift springs.

I'm not sure how much extra payload you get, but the non-hd version of this spring pack is rated to give you stock+150lbs of weight. Says these are rated for 880lbs. I would assume that's each spring.

·
Registered
240 Posts
One ton for a truck that is only rated to carry 1200. You need airbags.
The 2015 CC (V6, SV, 4x2, Auto) is rated to 1458lb. Airbags are a plus, but I think I'm going to start with the AAL, particularly because I want to go up 2" anyhow. It's better than nothing.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
The 2015 CC (V6, SV, 4x2, Auto) is rated to 1458lb. Airbags are a plus, but I think I'm going to start with the AAL, particularly because I want to go up 2" anyhow. It's better than nothing.
Might as just do it right the first time. AAL + front end lift will sag more than if the truck is stock, as you will sag further before the OL springs are loaded. I often carry a ton in my bed. Makes a huge difference to have airbags.

·
Registered
893 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts