Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed from a 2011 Chevy avalanche to a new 2016 frontier crew cab 4x4 sv, I miss my avalanche however I like the reliability and gas mileage I gained.

I have so far
Installed a Nice stereo and sound deadend the truck
Replaced the seats with leather
installed a swingcase toolbox
tinted the windows

I am thinking about a set of retrofit headlights
maybe a leveling kit but I don't want to buy new tires not sure how it would look with not upping the tire size

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
All three if you chose the right one. I like to hear mine fire up and I am hearing impaired so mine is fairly loud with a 40 series flowmaster. If you ask ten deferent people whats the best muffler/exhaust sytem out there you'll prolly get 16 different answers. Sound wise its a matter of taste, but more flow means more gitty-up and better fuel economy . The stock mufflers are pretty restrictive

·
Super Moderator
3,333 Posts
If you are looking for more power, install and XTP intake spacer and get a tuner, like Bully Dog or Superchips. Best bangs for the bucks!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
what will this do?
More sound or less

or is it a performance thing?

or a gas thing?
It will make more noise. Considering you just added sound deadening this probably isn't something you want.

It will give the audio illusion of more power. It might make a little more on the top end, but not enough to be noticable. Other variables will make more of a difference.

It might help with the gas mileage since you will hear every time you get on it and you can use it as a reminder to back off the throttle. At cruising speed it won't make a difference.

·
Super Moderator
3,333 Posts
I added DT headers, mid-pipes and a Magnaflow 12580 muffler to my 06 Pathy and my gas mileage didn't change one bit and really didn't feel much more in way of performance. It was definitely louder, though. It wasn't until I went with a performance tune that it really "woke up."

·
Registered
17 Posts
K&N, Intake Manifold Spacer, and the Flowmaster were the best mods I've made to this truck by far. The TB Spacer looks nice, you can hear the engine breathing better but I wouldn't have it on my list as a priority. As far as the interior, I put a aftermarket cd/radio in the dash with Bluetooth and Pandora controls, Led lights in all the cabs lighting, and rubber floor mats. Maybe these little ideas will inspire or help someone!

·
Super Moderator
3,333 Posts
Throttle body spacers are a waste of money on engines with multi-port fuel injection.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I know I'm a little biased here...

...But dat Shrockworks front bumper!

Reactions: RobFrisco415

·
Premium Member
6,410 Posts
Stillen Supercharger...

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think you'd like your truck alot more if you bought me retrofit headlights...

but really you should get those.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
You like the gas mileage. That avalanche must have been a guzzler, as you read tons of complaints about the MPG. Your one of the first to comment otherwise.

What kind of mods are you looking for. Lift, speed, look at me...

How about a EZ down tailgate strut and fixing plate from that guy on this forum. A hood prop gas spring.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You like the gas mileage. That avalanche must have been a guzzler, as you read tons of complaints about the MPG. Your one of the first to comment otherwise.

What kind of mods are you looking for. Lift, speed, look at me...

How about a EZ down tailgate strut and fixing plate from that guy on this forum. A hood prop gas spring.
My Avalanche got 10 to 11 mpg I think factory they get like 16 or 17 I think

I need to look at the tailgate strut and the hood pop spring

Do you have any links on the hood prop spring I found some on the tailgate

·
Registered
121 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts