Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
07 King Cab XE w/ stock single cd stereo. outside tag reads: CY12B

I have a pair of Apline E-10 Subwoofer in an extended cab special fit box. Does anyone know if I can run these off the stock stereo or would I have to upgrade the headunit? I have a kenwood amp. I guess I should of made my question more clear. I know the setup between the amp and the subs, and the ground. I just am fuzzy on how to get from the HU to the amp. Specially that stock headunit

AD

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
You need an amp dude. It's not smart to run subs off the HU, especially a factory one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HA yea

Yea, I know, I have a kenwood amp. I guess I should of made my question more clear. I know the setup between the amp and the subs, and the ground. I just am fuzzy on how to get from the HU to the amp. Specially that stock headunit

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Did your amp come with a plug to connect it to the speaker wires? You can do that with most I believe. It'll sound better with an aftermarket HU with a sub output though.

Personally, I would upgrade the HU.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sub

i think it does have the speaker wire connections. I will have to double check. in my old truck I did run out of a JVC sub port and it sounded good. Just wondering if it is worth the hassle to even try and work with the stock unit. The factory 6 speakers in the truck sound pretty good, nothing super special, but they get the job done.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Yeah, hook em to an aftermarket HU and tune it right and you'll be much happier. I ran my stockers off my Sony HU for like two years before I put my Infinity Reference's in. If you have a HU allready, buya $20 dash kit and swap it out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Another Advantage Of An Aftermarket HU Is Alot Of The Newer Ones Let You Ajust The Bass, The Frequency, And Set Different Settings To Each Sub.. Creating A Better Sound Quality And Expierience..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
subs

i have a 96 ranger (soon to sell) with a JVC Kameleon HU. how hard do you think it would be to swap the nissan CY12B into the ranger and then the JVC into the Frontier?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
You won't be able to put the factory Nissan HU into the Ranger. It's got security stuff in it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
makes sense

makes sense...didnt even think about that...thanks for the help...
i think im just gonna stick with what i got right now. get some money out of the subs (they were given to me by a friend when he purchased some bigger 12' Alpines) so in the end I win either way.

know a good way to sell them?
or what i should sell them for?
as you can see, i really know nothing about car audio. ha...

appreciate the help

·
Registered
36 Posts
being alpine 10" depending what series E's, R's, S's? You Could Prolly Get Anywhere From 40 to 70 bucks a sub.. Depending on condition... Also Depending What Type Of Vechicle The Buyer Is Going To Put Them In.. That Custom Box Could Be Handy To Sale Along With Them

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
e's

they are E-10 Alpine sub woofers....and the box is a custom fit to the newer model F-150's I was just lucky that they fit in my ranger.

suggestion on price with box and 2 subs ports?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I Did A Lil Bit Of Research For You Online On The Alpine Website The 10-E Go For 69.99 A Piece Brand New.. So If They Are Still In Good Condition I Would Try To Sale Them For 50 Bucks A Piece..
The Custom Box I Think You Could Get 60 Bucks For So I Would Say Around 150-160Bucks Is A Good Asking Price For The Set Up For The Two Subs And Box..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks...

Thanks... Appreciate it. That gives me something to work with.

I'll probably try and sell the amp as well.. maybe make it a whole combo thing. i'll see what I can do..

ciao...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts