Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 09 pro 4-x. it has the rockford fosgate system with the small sub under the back seat. iv had the truck for a week now and did not think the sub worked untill i plugged my phone in and it started bumpin lol. anyone have any idea what kind of issue would cause the sub to not work with the radio?

·
Premium Member
5,735 Posts
How did you confirm the subs (there are two 6" subs) are or are not working?

In radio or CD mode the subs do not really "bump" but do a decent job of filling in the lows. In Aux with your phone plugged in and the phone volume turned all the way up, then yes it "bumps."

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you confirm the subs (there are two 6" subs) are or are not working?

In radio or CD mode the subs do not really "bump" but do a decent job of filling in the lows. In Aux with your phone plugged in and the phone volume turned all the way up, then yes it "bumps."
The difference between the radio and the aux is huge. You can't even tell there is a sub when the radio is on..with the aux and the volume at the same setting it is very clear there are subs

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Volume on the head unit or the volume on your phone? If you adjust the "headphones" volume on your phone, it also adjusts the output to the speakers, just like if you were wearing headphones.
Turn the volume on the phone almost all the way up..and then the volume on the radio is the same no matter what source I'm useing..the difference is large though when it comes to the sub

·
Premium Member
5,735 Posts
Yes, that's how it functions. Or at least to me ( I have a '11 with the RF system) is how mine has always functioned. Remember the OEM RF system is for the general population who does NOT want a thumping stereo. To simplify it, with your phone [lugge din and turned all the way up, you are adding in more volume.

have you confirmed power to the subs in radio function or at least put your ears / eyes by the sub to hear or see sound/movement?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've got the same on my 2012 SL is there a way to hook up a bass control? Meaning bypass the stock control

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, that's how it functions. Or at least to me ( I have a '11 with the RF system) is how mine has always functioned. Remember the OEM RF system is for the general population who does NOT want a thumping stereo. To simplify it, with your phone [lugge din and turned all the way up, you are adding in more volume.

have you confirmed power to the subs in radio function or at least put your ears / eyes by the sub to hear or see sound/movement?
Ok so the sub DOES work with the radio but it's honestly so quite you wouldn't know it's there. I can't imagine this is how's it's supposed to be. Especially considering how loud it can go with my aux plugged in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts