Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 crew cab and I have been trying to decide what to do as far as building a box I have been looking at buying one from sound off audio it says a mounting depth of 5.5 inchs I really want to pull the trigger but I don't see how this is possible

Has anyone used his box

Any suggestions

·
Registered
520 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,674 Posts
It's actually 5.375", from what their website says. They got the extra depth by cutting out the top board where the woofer magnets usually sit, then sealing it up with a thinner piece of plywood (look at the photos closely, you can see the square bumps under the carpet). This gives more room for the magnet but on the other hand makes the box walls super thin in that area too. the ASC version of the dual sub box does the same trick to get more depth.

http://www.soundoffaudio.com/dual-sub-box-2005-2014-nissan-frontier-crew/

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the box I am talking about actually says 5 and 1/2 inch on their website

Single Sub Box 2005-2014 FRONTIER CREW long version - Sound Off Audio, Inc.

But I ordered it so we will see

It's actually 5.375", from what their website says. They got the extra depth by cutting out the top board where the woofer magnets usually sit, then sealing it up with a thinner piece of plywood (look at the photos closely, you can see the square bumps under the carpet). This gives more room for the magnet but on the other hand makes the box walls super thin in that area too. the ASC version of the dual sub box does the same trick to get more depth.

Dual Sub Box 2005-2014 NISSAN FRONTIER CREW - Sound Off Audio, Inc.

·
Premium Member
6,674 Posts
Edit: what the... just saw this in their policy page:

Subwoofer Box Construction Policy
Because each enclosure is hand-built, it may take 3 to 14 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) from the date payment is received for us to complete construction and carpeting of the enclosure. Orders may not be changed or refunded once construction has started. We can only accept returns for exchange of exact same type of enclosure, and only if the original enclosure was found to be defective by fault of Sound Off Audio. We can expedite your box order for a reasonable fee.

Returns/Refunds/Exchanges

Subwoofer enclosures - We can only accept returns (within 30 days of shipment) for exchange of exact same type of enclosure, and only if the original enclosure was found to be defective by fault of Sound Off Audio. You must first obtain an approval from us if you wish to exchange an enclosure.

Other items - All claims for damaged merchandise must be made with the shipping carrier. Please keep all shipping cartons and all packing materials for carrier inspection. SoundOffAudio.comcannot initiate any claims with the carrier.

We can only accept returns and exchanges within THIRTHY (30) DAYS from the date of purchase on all orders from Sound Off Audio, Inc. APPROVAL MUST BE OBTAINED FROM SOUND OFF AUDIO, INC. BY EMAILING [email protected] You must include your order number, full name on order, item you wish to return and your reason for wishing to return or exchange.
All approved refunds for store credit will be paid either by Company Check, Credit Card Credit, or Account Credit, to be determined by Sound Off (SoundOffAudio.com). A 15% restocking fee will be assessed on all authorized returns.

...so yeah, let us know how it goes. Not sure why they're saying they "hand make" the boxes, for your sake I hope they do and I hope it really takes 3-14 days, because the photos they have on their website are the same as a bunch of other prefab enclosures on the market.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the double 10" from CarID and it seems to fit nicely. I used Memphis SA shallows with no known issues so far and the airspace was a spot on match.
Still waiting on my dash kit and wiring harness from an Ebay purchase so installing the sub and wire is about as far as I got.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had this system installed in a 2005 (attached photos). Was able to keep the storage unit under the back seat, drivers side. Put out more than enough bass. If I had to come up with a complaint about the setup would be that you could hear where the source of the bass is coming from, instead of having it evenly distributed. Probably doesn't help that the sub is almost directly behind you in our trucks. Honestly didn't make me hate the system at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought the double 10" from CarID and it seems to fit nicely. I used Memphis SA shallows with no known issues so far and the airspace was a spot on match.
Still waiting on my dash kit and wiring harness from an Ebay purchase so installing the sub and wire is about as far as I got.
Hey was curious you said you got the double 10 box from car id does that box have completely separate chambers for each speaker or is the air able to travel through out the box if that makes sense

·
Registered
193 Posts

built mine out of MDF and fiberglass

·
Registered
193 Posts

couple more pics

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I went with the double 10 box on car id as well going to put some Rockville w10t4-s4 in it they have a mounting depth of 3.1 inches at 300 watts rms will post pics of box and let y'all know how it actually sounds

1 - 13 of 13 Posts