Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got pretty much the dimensions I need to Make one behind the rear seat from the threads I found in the 1st gen area, but I was wondering what most people were running?

I'm looking for a solid/clean system (already have components) and I wanted to know if it'd be best to go with two 8" speakers or a single 10" setup.

Aside from installation, I don't really know much about car audio systems.

Also thought it'd be worth asking if anyone's got a subwoofer box for sale (behind the rear seats on a CC). Might be worth it to me to just buy it before I get into a build.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've got 1 for a second gen CC, 2-8" . PM coming

·
Registered
50 Posts
I built my own box but I also only have a king cab and removed the seat behind the driver side. However I say go 8" I run just a single Infinity Kappa 8" and holy crap does it boom. It has so far been the best sound and made the biggest thump out of any stereo setup I've owned including a setup of 2 12" 1200 watt rms I had in a '95 Integra hatchback

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ah right I forget that I have more space for this type of thing. I am unfamiliar with CC frontiers, is there no storage compartment under the back seats? Also what are the choices for each setup?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah right I forget that I have more space for this type of thing. I am unfamiliar with CC frontiers, is there no storage compartment under the back seats? Also what are the choices for each setup?

No under the seat storage that I know of for the 1st gen. That I know of at least. And I'm not home to look at the truck. So my only real option is behind the rear seat backs. A single 10" would be too much for what I want, and a couple modest 8" subs for clean base will do the trick. Not looking to rattle the cabin or wake the neihbors. Just just want a noticeable/clean base line. Got decent infinity components going up front and I'll probably just upgrade the rears for a simple plug and play speaker since they're only 4" and the factory speaker is more than likely blown on a 13-14 year old truck.

Simple, sweet and cheap for a clean sound is the goal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
No under the seat storage that I know of for the 1st gen. That I know of at least. And I'm not home to look at the truck. So my only real option is behind the rear seat backs. A single 10" would be too much for what I want, and a couple modest 8" subs for clean base will do the trick. Not looking to rattle the cabin or wake the neihbors. Just just want a noticeable/clean base line. Got decent infinity components going up front and I'll probably just upgrade the rears for a simple plug and play speaker since they're only 4" and the factory speaker is more than likely blown on a 13-14 year old truck.

Simple, sweet and cheap for a clean sound is the goal.

Do you have an amp running the front? I have a pioneer (well half atleast, but to be expected from pioneer) in my doors and when I wired them to an amp I got some pretty nice bass. I know many folk prefer this route due to lack of needing a larger sub w/amp taking up space, when a simple compact 2 or 4 channel amp powering a one or two sets of components does exactly what your wanting. Now it all of coarse is personal choice but if your only wanting to add more crisp, clean sound to your drives, then I'd say invest in a decent 4 channel amp. When it comes to car stereo I've learned the hard way that you should never skimp on spending a little more for a higher quality component. Which infinity do you have currently?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts