Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for ideas to install/make a single 10`` sub box behind the seat of my 03 cc... any one has some pics of their setup (cc) ??
i stopped on page 25 in the audio thread without seeing any... appart the dual box made by supercrew or something??

also would you guys suggest dynamat all over the place or just behind/around the box??

·
Registered
297 Posts
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f46/1st-gen-faq-please-read-add-input-21534/#post339715

I think I read somewhere about 2 tens working in this box. Since you only want one you could just split the box in two (width wise) and only build the one side and put it behind the drivers side so you dont have to cut out the jack support. Or you could just build it like in the post, and be able to use the .83cubes for just 1 sub and possibly port it.

And I would use deadener everywhere. It will greatly improve sound quality.
I just ordered a set of components and ordered a roll of fatmat for my doors to seal them up so I can get the most of them. You would be surprised at how much sound deadener will improve sound.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the link:)
i might just get creative since i want to mount my amp beside my box and try to make the box taller but narrower than the one in the plan (as i can see from the pics i can go a good 4-5 inches higher without problems...
any major differences between 8`s and 10`s?? i know the more surface the more boom but would it worth to have a look at 2x 8inches subs???

also im about to order a clarion cz500 h/u since i can keep the factory steering controls with it and have 6ch/4v outputs with a usb slot..... anyone use this unit?? pros and cons???

also ordered 4X 6.5 jl`S for the doors, and a TINY JL xd600/6 amp
can`t wait to install all this stuff:)

·
Registered
297 Posts
For the subs it all depends on quality and how well you can build a box. For example, 2 Sundown SA8's in a good box will blow away lower/ decent quality 12's in a prefab or low quality box. So it all depends on your price range and space.

I personally would go with a single 10" just to get the lows and have a well rounded system. 8"s are nice, but some notes they have trouble hitting. The only thing you have to worry about is mounting depth. I haven't measured behind out seats, but I know it isn't that deep and some of the subs I listed might not fit.

Any of these subs will sound very very good and give you plenty of bass though:
SSA Dcon 10" - $115
Sundown SA8 - $130
Alpine Type R 10" - $100
RE SE 10" - $128
Audioque SDC2.5 10" - $130

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mmm.... that`s what i tought..... think i`ll go with a single 10

i used to have 2 jl 10w3 in my 95 path and loved how they sounded... might try another brand tought.... i don`t know???

thanks for the info

i`ll put some pics as i go on this project...
if it was for me, i`d go crazy and remove the rear seat but having an 8 month old princess i have to keep the back seat functionnal for awhile!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Im also looking to hook up a system to my truck Its the 04 CC I looked at the Box in the link and im really liking that look. I was thinking of having the middle sink in a little bit so i could mount the Amp right in the middle of the box. I wish i still had AutoCad on my computer so i could design it on here. I had a free version through school but that expired when i graduated :( So have you worked on your box yet 95wd21??? Ive been looking around for subs, speakers, amp, and headunit for the best bang for my buck.

What wattage would yall suggest for the Subs and the speakers for the 4 doors. Im probably going to get 2 amps.A dual channel for the 2 subs in the back and a 4-channel for the 4 doors. I was thinking 500W subs and 200W speakers. with a 1000W Amp and an 800W Amp to go with.

To much? to little? LMK

·
Registered
297 Posts
Im also looking to hook up a system to my truck Its the 04 CC I looked at the Box in the link and im really liking that look. I was thinking of having the middle sink in a little bit so i could mount the Amp right in the middle of the box. I wish i still had AutoCad on my computer so i could design it on here. I had a free version through school but that expired when i graduated :( So have you worked on your box yet 95wd21??? Ive been looking around for subs, speakers, amp, and headunit for the best bang for my buck.

What wattage would yall suggest for the Subs and the speakers for the 4 doors. Im probably going to get 2 amps.A dual channel for the 2 subs in the back and a 4-channel for the 4 doors. I was thinking 500W subs and 200W speakers. with a 1000W Amp and an 800W Amp to go with.

To much? to little? LMK
Sinking the box in in the middle would decrease the amount of space in the box and there's hardly enough as there is..

Maybe you could try cutting into the foam in the back seats and mounting it there, but make sure the amp is getting enough air or it will over heat. You can get amp cooling fans for about $5 that would keep the amp cool enough, so that would be your best bet.

On the wattage it all depends on what kind of speakers you are planning to run.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Okay yea thats true. How about porting the sub would that make it better? and then mounting the Amp above the box against the rear wall? I really don't want it on the floor under my seat.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Okay yea thats true. How about porting the sub would that make it better? and then mounting the Amp above the box against the rear wall? I really don't want it on the floor under my seat.
You would need more room if you were wanting to port it.
If you wanted to keep everything behind the seat, then you could just do half of that box (only 0.42cu) for the 8" or 10" and mount the amp on the other side. Plus you have to add in sub displacement so that'll take away even more space.

If you're looking for alot of bass in your truck you won't get it no matter what you do unless it's something drastic.

If I were you I would just build half of that box.( Same measurements, except E would be 25"-30" which would give you .42cu sealed to work with. Then get an Alpine type R 10" shallow mount. Ideal sealed box is only .35cu so .42 would be plenty. Then mount the amp on the other side where the jack mount is.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

To much? to little? LMK

No i didnt got time yet but i`ll finally install 1 10inch sub and modify the box to add a little more height to gain volume and leave a flat board on the passenger side to install my amp/condenser
i installed my new h/u this weekend and wow!!! even with the stock speakers, what a difference it made!!!
i got the clarion cz500 (single din) and fixed the usb input plug into the glove box, so no hanging wire anywhere, and no usb card to break or bend or whatever from the front of the radio... also installed a swi-jack interface to keep the factory steering radio controls ( ....nice:))
as for speakers i decided to go with JL 6.5 in front and 6.0 into the rear doors
since i loved the way they sounded in my pathy
for the amp i bought a JL xd600/6 which is 6 ch 4x 75w rms and 1x 300w for sub,
the amp is quite heavy even if its only 10`` x 7`` x 2`` !!!!!!
so it takes a very little space to mount. i could`ve got crazier but i think it`ll rock pretty good in this little cab.
i`ll post pics of the install once done
chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.