Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to put a 10" in my 2006 crew cab frontier. Really like the fosgate p2 10. Its got a 6.375 mounting depth. Open to different combos as well. Anyone got pics or specs of their boxes? any input appreciated. thaanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm in the same boat. From what my stero guy told me you can fit a 12 under the seat but you lose the storage bin. Or he also said that its not very hard to make a box for 2 tens behind the rear seat you just have to remove the jack. Either way you go from what he told me its not hard to do but it does have to be "custom" built because of the space you have to work with.

·
Registered
602 Posts
well whats your budget look like
i have been doing research on subs for about a month to see what i wanted and i am almost found out what i want
about to order some wire to do the big 3
and in a few weeks desgining a box. fiberglass
:( deal with fibergalss insulation at work and when i get home i will be playing with fiberglass too hmmm gonna be an itchy situation

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
6.3 inches is to deep unless you mod the seatpan. and my modding i mean MODDING it big time. as for 2 10's behind the seat, is NOT going to happen. not only is mounting depth an issue but your not going to get the ^ft needed for 2 10's. i doubt you could get enough ^ft to even get a single 10 back there.

·
Registered
602 Posts
o ya i think max is around 5.5" mounting depth using a fiberglass enclosure and a little bit of work on the seat with a hammer. at least it did during Todds build

·
Registered
300 Posts
actually to answer the 2 tens behind the seat. I'm sorry but yes it can happen. I'm pretty sure my eyes are in good enough shape to have seen what I saw. I'm not saying it sounded the best, I dont like shallow subs or freeair subs, but if you fold down the rear seat you can see that while it looks small and it may be a tight fit yes its possible. Like I said no one makes boxes for these trucks because of the spacing but if your that dead set on it then look up a stero shop that has an imagination. Oh by the way I was quoted 300 for the box and subs behind the seat using my alpine amp or 220 for the sub under the seat with same amp.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
you have seen 2 10's behind the seat in a 05 or newer Frontier? knowing the specs of most subwoofers and the airspace required i find that hard to believe. one the seats are folded up there is very little room behind them. at 10" off the floor there is less than 4" of space between the back wall and the back of the seat. unless someone modded the rear seat and removed not only the jack but also the seat belts there is NO WAY you could put 2 10's behind the seat in a box anywhere near the correct air spare required. we hardly have enough room for 2 10's under the seat, much less behind them. $300 for a box AND subs? i would love to see that quote in writing.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
custom in my opinion is the way to go. but if one of the ones mades for you fits what you want then i would jump on it. somebody had a sale on boxes a few weeks ago check out there pages on the forum u might get lucky

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought a box off of ebay that fits 2 10's. Both of the speakers are on the pass side. It removes both storage bins, but that's the only way to get enough air space for them both. It is good quality and sounds great.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ok since I'm asuming that MyLt1 is just the know all about stereo systems then yes it was a figment of my imagination. I never saw the 2 10s in a 07 Frontier. Maybe if you actually read my original comment I clearly stated you lose the storage bin or have to remove the jack. Like I said it sounded like crap to me but I just love deep clean bass. Hence the reason why I have 2 12s in my other car and only one amp for the entire car. Oh wait I know I know thats not possible either right. If I could I'd post the pix but it just so happened that the day I went to ask about it he was just in the process of building the box for someone else. And the prices were my prices, I've been going to this guy since he opened his shop about 7 years ago so I get the hook up.

Oh and to clerify I do apologise, what i meant by no one makes boxes for our trucks, was if you just go to any run of the mill stero shop chances are they wont go and say oh yeah this one will fit. Its just been my experience so far, so dont go jump down my throat again, that the Frontier just has little to no room and the bends in the rear floor complecate things so just any old box wont fit. I dont know how it is for everyone elses truck but my nismo came with the rockford sub under the seat and the floor has a big hump in it, I'm asuming from the gas tank, so a box that runs side to side under the seat cant be put in.

·
Registered
602 Posts
this isnt the place to have a
match please go somewhere else if you are going to do this it brings the whole forum down
let it be man

·
Registered
300 Posts
:noworries: I did let it go. I'm just trying to respond to the person asking for advice. Weather he wants to take what I'm saying into consideration is up to him all I'm doin is speaking from personal experience. So moral of the story, if you want 10s and dont want to lose the storage find a shop willing to put em behind the seat because it is possible. If you dont mind losing the compartment a 12 or 2 10s fit under the seat. Either way I'm sure you'll be happy with what you decide and I'll be happy that someone can afford to spend money on their truck :fantastic:

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Ok since I'm asuming that MyLt1 is just the know all about stereo systems then yes it was a figment of my imagination. I never saw the 2 10s in a 07 Frontier. Maybe if you actually read my original comment I clearly stated you lose the storage bin or have to remove the jack. Like I said it sounded like crap to me but I just love deep clean bass. Hence the reason why I have 2 12s in my other car and only one amp for the entire car. Oh wait I know I know thats not possible either right. If I could I'd post the pix but it just so happened that the day I went to ask about it he was just in the process of building the box for someone else. And the prices were my prices, I've been going to this guy since he opened his shop about 7 years ago so I get the hook up.

Oh and to clerify I do apologise, what i meant by no one makes boxes for our trucks, was if you just go to any run of the mill stero shop chances are they wont go and say oh yeah this one will fit. Its just been my experience so far, so dont go jump down my throat again, that the Frontier just has little to no room and the bends in the rear floor complecate things so just any old box wont fit. I dont know how it is for everyone elses truck but my nismo came with the rockford sub under the seat and the floor has a big hump in it, I'm asuming from the gas tank, so a box that runs side to side under the seat cant be put in.
i did read your original post and you clearly stated, "my stero guy told me you can fit a 12 under the seat but you lose the storage bin. Or he also said that its not very hard to make a box for 2 tens behind the rear seat you just have to remove the jack." so you clearly stated that you had seen 2 10's behind the seat NOT under it. 2 10's can be put UNDER the rear seat but you have to give up both storage bins to have enough air space. there is NO WAY to get the airspace required for 2 10's behind the seat. not only that but to install a box like that you would have to, as i stated earlier, remove the seat belts for the rear seats and the jack. also, you would have to remove the seats to install it since you wouldnt have enough room for the seats to fold forward. i have owned my truck for 4 years and have examined every option to install subs in the back. it can not be done with out MAJOR modifications and a LOT of money. and YES i am the know it all when it comes to car audio since i have been doing it professionally for over 16 years.

·
Registered
300 Posts
:noworries: ok buddy you win :laugh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts