Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Pathfinder. Supposedly has the same front end as Frontiers. I was wondering if anyone knows what the difference would be in oem front struts and springs...ride height, stiffness, shock etc. Or are they identical? Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So i wonder why the different part numbers for some after market struts like kyb?

·
Super Moderator
3,333 Posts
They'll "fit"...but, there are some differences. Pathfinder vs Frontier strut (only) are different part numbers, which makes sense because the Pathfinder is heavier and one would think there is greater amount of force pushing down on the strut during a hard stop scenario. If we look at the front coil springs, they are different as far as RWD vs 4x4, but are the same if we compare Frontier RWD vs Pathfinder RWD and again if we compare Frontier 4x4 vs Pathfinder 4x4. These are comparing V6 models.

As far as the 4-cyl. Frontier, the strut (only) part is the same as the V6 Frontier counterpart, but the front coil spring is a different part number than the V6 parts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They'll "fit"...but, there are some differences. Pathfinder vs Frontier strut (only) are different part numbers, which makes sense because the Pathfinder is heavier and one would think there is greater amount of force pushing down on the strut during a hard stop scenario. If we look at the front coil springs, they are different as far as RWD vs 4x4, but are the same if we compare Frontier RWD vs Pathfinder RWD and again if we compare Frontier 4x4 vs Pathfinder 4x4. These are comparing V6 models.

As far as the 4-cyl. Frontier, the strut (only) part is the same as the V6 Frontier counterpart, but the front coil spring is a different part number than the V6 parts.
Thanks for the info! Looking to finally get new struts. Want to buy a complete assembly. Hard to find kybs in stock anywhere. Considering gabriel ultras...

·
Super Moderator
3,333 Posts
For an 06 Pathfinder, you can get Moog complete strut assemblies with a limited lifetime warranty from Rockauto.com for $95 each + shipping. If I couldn't get the KYB Strut-plus, I would go with the Moogs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For an 06 Pathfinder, you can get Moog complete strut assemblies with a limited lifetime warranty from Rockauto.com for $95 each + shipping. If I couldn't get the KYB Strut-plus, I would go with the Moogs.
How come? Whats wrong with the Gabriels? Seem to get pretty good reviews (except for the odd bad experience).

Not a lot of reviews or info on the Moogs, but appear to be decent quality.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I installed the KYB strut+coilovers. Very happy with them, but I am not a big off-roader. I got mine at NAPA.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the moogs, like them so far. Beefy looking spring, smooth, tight ride. Hopefully they will last...look durable.

·
Super Moderator
3,333 Posts
How come? Whats wrong with the Gabriels? Seem to get pretty good reviews (except for the odd bad experience).

Not a lot of reviews or info on the Moogs, but appear to be decent quality.
Moog has a terrific reputation, the same limited lifetime warranty, but is $15 per strut less expensive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts