Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at this thread as a guide (http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/thanks-you-guys-ive-now-got-my-sub-installed-32804/) but since it's pushing 2 years old I decided to start my own..

I just pulled my Kicker L5 out of the back of my Jeep Patriot so I could figure out a way to stuff it under the seat in the Frontier and I just can't see it happening. I believe my sub is a 2004 model and I've had it in a number of different cars but I really love the combo and would prefer not to buy something new.

My measurements are showing 6 1/4" from mounting lip of sub to the very bottom of the basket. Add another 3/4" for the full height and at least another 3/4" for a base of MDF and I just can't see how to fit 7 3/4" worth of anything under the seat regardless of what the shape is. Not to mention the metal shield that I like to use on top of the sub that would bring the height up almost another full inch.

Has anyone else had any luck with making this sub fit and if so, I would love to see the dimensions of your box!

thanks,
Pat

·
Registered
78 Posts
I love these subs!! I have ran solo's for about 7 years now!!! I would love to see one go into a fronty!! I have yet to try and put mine in yet because i wasnt sure how well they would fit!! Anxious to see how this plays out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts