Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need suggestions here. I have an 01' Fronty S/C. The other day i was backing out of my spot and CLUNK my outer tie rod stripped my center link. so i got a new complete kit with inner/outer tie rods and center link. Figured if im doin it should all be new. the outer TR came out with a little hammer tap. I then unscrewed the center link from inner TR. I got the top nut off with sum serious WD and pipe help. I then smacked the TR with a hammer and nothing. soaked it in WD, still wont budge. Any suggestions what to do?? Also i did this with the wheel on and no jack. Do i need to relieve tension maybe first? Any help would be great, i already missed 2 days of work! thanks all

·
Registered
132 Posts
Its probably going to take some heat to break it loose. I bought one of those hand butane torches and it helped me to break some stuck bolts. You could also try something more specialized thatn w40... like liquid wrench, or pblaster

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i finally got it after 2 days of soaking it and beating it with a hammer. now im looking forward to a fun day of doing a tune-up. yay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts