Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Interesting. I'm sure my manual says put it in Park. I'll have to look it up. The online version says Neutral though. Odd...lol
I'm positive the manual for my 2017 SV (Both the bound manual that was still in one of the gloveboxes when I bought the car and the PDF that I downloaded fron Nissan's site) says to put (auto) transmission in neutral to shift between ranges. It makes sense to me that neutral would work better, because in Park the transmisson is locked (with a little bit of play), whereas in neutral it's free to turn, which can help if the gears are not quite lined up right.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Thats the way my NV271 in the ole dodge worked,if you didnt do it exactly as the instructions sewed onto the sun visor it would never go in or out of low range.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine takes it's sweet time coming out of 4L, drive it back/forward a bit and eventually it decides to do what the knob is telling it to do. One time it switched out but the dash lights said it was still in 4wd..and then the drive image disappeared completely. Turned the truck off and back on again and all was back to normal. A few to many switches and computers involved...at least for when they are older with many miles.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts