Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the Driver side axle seal and bearing I have no problem pulling it out on the second or third strike it came out I put in a bearing on and reassembled the truck.
I am now on the passenger side and it refuses to come out I even broke two slide hammers I fractured the plate that bolts to the studs. Not sure what to try, if me my son and nephew haven't yanked that pulling more than a couple hundred times then we haven't done it once. The whole truck shakes when you pull it that's how hard we're doing it. If only the retaining plate would move enough to see well behind it. How could the seal seize in place?
Any ideas? My hands are so bruised now.

Clint

·
Super Moderator
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
UPDATE, went and borrowed a slide hammer from auto zone and after a total of at least 300 plus strikes it finally let go, holy crap the seal was fused to the axle tube. They get a $185 deposit for it. I asked the guy at the store what if I break it and he said body ever has broken one of theirs, my son said I snapped two today, lol. Oh well, things are fixed and all good again.
I was almost considering needing to buy Frontier #5.

Clint

1 - 2 of 2 Posts