Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rotated my tires today and managed to strip the threads on one of the studs when I got a lug on crooked. I hate that I did this and I know stupid me for not making sure it was threaded right before tightening it:censor:. Is there any way for me to save the stud and be able to re-thread it or do I have to replace the whole thing? If so how tough is that?

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
dont feel too bad i have a buddy with a 2007 xterra when he bought it he had the tires off of his last truck on to his new rims by nissan at time of purchase then just lately i traded him my se rims from my fronty when he went to the tireshop to have the tires swapped on the new rims they found out that nissan stripped almost everyone of the 24 lugs and wouldnt pay for it cause he couldnt proove that he hadnt taken the wheels off between then and the last tire swap

i have no input on how easy it is i was just hoping that makes you feel a little better :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
much appreciated... with that link I should be able to take care of this no problem and feel better having accomplished something I've never done on my truck before

·
Registered
985 Posts
One caveat. When driving the stud out of the flange, put the back on a socket or something substantial. Otherwise you may (not too likely) bend the flange and have to replace that also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts