Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my 2wd 6 speed King cab new back in 07. I've loved every minute of her, super reliable, minimal electronics and a manual. I got the bug to buy but the more I looked the more no one sells anything I'd be interested in. So here we are.

I stripped the cabin and removed the factory dampener (I do not recommend removing the factory dampener just lay CLD around what is there)

Not Pictured: I laid high quality CLD down
Next Laid down CCF and MLV and ran new speaker wires to the horn locations and door speakers. PRG short throw shifter installed as well

Not Pictured: I cut the mount for the jack off the back wall
I made solid waterproof speaker adapters for 8's

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I made removable access hole covers from ABS to help with midbass

IMG_20200127_165537.jpg

The access covers and speaker adapters installed and clearing the door frame, window, and door panel

Drilled out factory rails on both Frontier and 370z seats to install 370 seats
Center dash converted to newer dash as well. Leather wrapping seats in the future to match the paint swap coming

Custom Radflo's which are OE height and adjust to 1" down

Fresh install after 2" Drop Spindles, CJD chromoly LCAs, new hubs, OE UCA, Radflos, Delrin and poly rack bushings, poly sway bar bushings.
Do Not order prothane bushings for the sway bar. They are of inferior design. I have Nolathane now I'll be installing when I regain use of my hand
PXL_20201101_224040168.jpg

The rear I'm letting a local axle shop do. Trutrack, dropping from 3.53 to 3.13 gears, new seals, etc, rear axle flip kit, shorter Bilsteins, Helwig rear sway bar and Deaver AAL.

I still have to build my enclosure and amp rack. I've gone overboard on my audio. I guess you can say I'm a sucker for hand made in America components.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
These are just parts acquired at the moment
2016 VK56DE

J's high output alternator
Electric Fan setup
JWT Camshafts and springs
PD102 intake manifold

Reactions: woodtemple

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
20" Wheels right after Black Chrome treatment. They honestly werent my first choice but I needed a spoke design conducive to clearing the massive Akebono calipers

Reactions: sirnixalot

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Much more to come and I'm sure I'm forgetting something already

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
reserved

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
reserved

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
reserved

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
reserved

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
reserved

·
Registered
575 Posts
Awesome job so far! Glad to know the seat swap is pretty straight forward.

Can't wait to see more updates:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,732 Posts
DANG! Really curious about going to a 3.13 from your 3.54? What size tires are you planning on running?

Reactions: bsinit

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DANG! Really curious about going to a 3.13 from your 3.54? What size tires are you planning on running?
Same overall diameter as basically stock to a smidge smaller. Currently its on 285/50/20 but that will be changing probably but I haven't decided to what exactly. With reverse being so tall, first being so short and stock it pulls 2400rpm at 80 in 6th I'm hoping it'll be a little more usable overall.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
6,732 Posts
Same overall diameter as basically stock to a smidge smaller. Currently its on 285/50/20 but that will be changing probably but I haven't decided to what exactly. With reverse being so tall, first being so short and stock it pulls 2400rpm at 80 in 6th I'm hoping it'll be a little more usable overall.
What ~RPMs at 80mph w/ the new ratio?
Our TALL reverse ratio is a Nissan factory-spec miss for sure.
I've read other saying they thought first was a bit of a granny/stump-puller gear as well, but I don't share that opinion. Seems like a decent-enough close ratio unit, imho.

VERY interested in your final product for sure!!

Reactions: bsinit

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What ~RPMs at 80mph w/ the new ratio?
Our TALL reverse ratio is a Nissan factory-spec miss for sure.
I've read other saying they thought first was a bit of a granny/stump-puller gear as well, but I don't share that opinion. Seems like a decent-enough close ratio unit, imho.

VERY interested in your final product for sure!!
With the new ratio the calculator puts it at just shy of 2100, which I feel is correct. I am undecided on running a slimmer tire, but I did punch my proposed 255/45/20 in the calculator and saw nearly 3k at 80 Ive only driven it briefly because I've had to take it back for driveline vibration. Who would have thought 2300 dollars at THE axle shop of the area equals new found vibrations?!?

·
Premium Member
6,732 Posts
Anyone changing axle ratios is a hero of mine, fwiw.
So, even w/ the 3.13 and the shorter 255/45-20s you'd be elevated to 3k at 80mph? Was this simple ratio math or done from scratch w/ pi included? Pretty sure I've seen/performed shorthand errors - unless starting from scratch & using pi. No disrespect intended. :unsure:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone changing axle ratios is a hero of mine, fwiw.
So, even w/ the 3.13 and the shorter 255/45-20s you'd be elevated to 3k at 80mph? Was this simple ratio math or done from scratch w/ pi included? Pretty sure I've seen/performed shorthand errors - unless starting from scratch & using pi. No disrespect intended. :unsure:
No no, that was on the stock 3.53. Tremec has a calculator that keeps me from pulling pi out thankfully

Reactions: shift_RUSH
1 - 20 of 22 Posts