Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took these photos before a storm rolled in... i was actually dead in the center as this storm rolled i and not a drop of rain luckily... just lots of fast moving clouds:

·
Registered
881 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
i call fake or way over processed

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
the couds look wierd. er, fake.

shutter open too long?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
definite hdr. im diggin it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its HDR, I like to shoot storms and landscapes using an HDR technique... with storms I like to blow out the clouds to bring out the dark textures... here are the 5 images I used and the final outcome again:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Nice man! I like #1 a lot! Did you take 5 shots for that one as well?

Just curious, what software did you use? All of my HDR attempts always seem to fail :(

·
Registered
346 Posts
Looks more like artwork than photography, looks awesome :thumbsup:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah i was down in FL a month ago, but i didn't have my tripod with me unfortunatly.

Yeah all the images are composed of 5 shots, one of them i used 9 shots (overkill i know).

I like HDR, some people don't. It gives it a painting look, which i like.

As long as you know its HDR and not just one image and look at it like a painting that was made with 5 real images, you might understand/appreciate it more. Its got some touching up but its using real images, i just took the tones out of each part i liked to combine it into one photo.

I used Photoshop 3 for 1 of the images, and photoshop 4 for the other 2. Even if you make an HDR, you still need to adjust the tones, and i use a tone mapping program to accomplish this.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Pretty dramatic effect and I think pretty cool looking. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yeah i was down in FL a month ago, but i didn't have my tripod with me unfortunatly.

Yeah all the images are composed of 5 shots, one of them i used 9 shots (overkill i know).

I like HDR, some people don't. It gives it a painting look, which i like.

As long as you know its HDR and not just one image and look at it like a painting that was made with 5 real images, you might understand/appreciate it more. Its got some touching up but its using real images, i just took the tones out of each part i liked to combine it into one photo.

I used Photoshop 3 for 1 of the images, and photoshop 4 for the other 2. Even if you make an HDR, you still need to adjust the tones, and i use a tone mapping program to accomplish this.
which tone mapping program did you use? and holy smokes photoshop 3 and 4? you need CS4! lol anyways, i liked em, but the crazy hard line from cloud to white sky kinda killed it a little for me, if you could work on that part a little bit i think itd look better

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thats what i meant, CS3/4... didnt think i had to say CS, lol... I use CS3 cause i like the menu system, CS4 for my RAW because it seems to do a nicer job, but im not a fan of the menu systm.

Tone mapping program is Photomatix (HDR photo software & plugin - Tone Mapping, Exposure Fusion & HDR Imaging for photography) I bought the photoshop plugin because i didn't like the stand alone software (hated switching back into photoshop after i was done)

Works really nice, especially for HDR but even on 8-bit files it does a pretty good job.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts