Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking into bed storage systems, like the Decked drawer system or a home built set up for organizing carpentry tools specifically (tool boxes), but still be useful for recreation as well,(and allowing some sort of useful bed space).

As much as I like the look of the Decked system, it looks like there is a lot of wasted space...anyone with first hand experience confirm this? It also looks like it would not take that much effort for a couple of guys to take it out, are there any security features to prevent theft? Add in the cost, and I can't be sure its worth it.

A custom job would also be cheaper, I'd think would have far more space, and I'd guess be plenty strong enough for my use...and even if it was just attached in an easy to remove way, it probably wouldn't have the look of something worth stealing, like a product someone might already want and know the cost.

Looking around this site I have seen a few setups, and I guess I'd like to ask those who have made their own, what if anything would they do different in hindsight?

I'm in the planning stages right now, but as soon as I build one, (assuming I don't buy a set up like the Decked system) I will share the design.

If you have other recommendations for a in bed storage setup aside from standard truck boxes please share.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Do you have the utili-track system in the bed and if so did the swing out cases fit ok?
There's someone on here with the swing case and Utili-track and I believe they said it fit fine. I'll see if I can find the post again.

Keep in mind that the swing case needs to be, well, swung out in order to open the lid. That for me was a deal breaker because I didn't want to have to clear stuff out of the swing path each time I wanted to open it.

Found it: UnderCover SwingCase Bed Storage / Toolbox

Reactions: mxtreme30
1 - 5 of 5 Posts