Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally got a little spare cash to revamp the trucks audio.

Eventual plan, 2 12's with a blowthrough, new 6 1/2's, and tweeters.

I've got the subs, and 6 1/2's. But now I need to order tweeters. I'd assume stock size in a 2000 nissan frontier is 1 - 1 1/2 inch, because the caps don't look very big covering them, but I thought I'd post here to make sure I don't screw anything up?:confused:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I'm sure some here have replaced theirs, but I thought when I looked at Crutchfield for components for my '04, they stated that the tweeters were not a standard size (could be faulty memory, hopefully).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what it told me, but I'm SURE somewhere sells something, or at least something close enough I could make work without a ridiculous amount of custom work, I'm already planning a blowthrough though so I'll just have to ask when I go to the shop next time I guess

·
Registered
104 Posts
From what I have seen, some people just cut the grill thats over the factory tweeter and mount the new tweeter on top of it, in some cases it looks ok, in others its horrible.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just replaced the OEM Radio/CD player with a new one now noticed that my right door tweeter for my 2001 is shot. But finding a replacement so far is to no avail. That is unless I want to cut/drill etc...

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
my infinity tweeters fit in the stock location just fine without having to remove the grille.

·
Registered
318 Posts
you also have dash mounted tweeters in your 2009.

the OP and others in this thread have A-pillar tweeters in their first gen frontiers.
Yep, sorry I missed that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts