Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, ive got a stock 2008 4x2 truck ive got my guys using for work with a blown front strut. I dont want to replace just one side and the dealer wants $750 to replace them both, most shops i went to want atleast $650 for new struts and an alignment. For that money i'm just about to go with the radflos. But this is a work truck driven 99% of the time on the street. Any suggestions for a cheaper solution?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Are we talking struts or shocks? I'm running gen 1, so I don't know. What I do know is that if you've got a blown strut or shock on an '08 then the truck is getting some pretty heavy use. I've got 4 Bilstein shocks on mine that take some abuse. About $280 cash and carry. Maybe a hundred bucks to install?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
most of the cost is labor since you can buy replacement bilsteins for under $200. there's probably some members in your area that could help you install. maybe talk to Greg at prg,, sometimes he has rebuilt radflos that he sells at a decent price. since he does the rebuild, they usually perform better than brand new ones.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a set of stock struts with AC's lift coils sitting in my garage... If interested. out of a 05 2wd CC. if interested, PM me.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I would check around for a used set as a lot of people remove and replace the entire setup with coilovers. You could get a spring/strut combo for a pretty reasonable price I imagine. Install would be super easy if its one unit. If buying struts seperatly it gets a little more involved as you would need to compress the spring to remove/reinstall onto the strut.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts