Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have been reading and searching on here about the stock speakers in my 2010 SE Crew Cab. It just has the standard radio/speakers that come with the SE. I have read on here that the stock speakers in the front doors are 6x9s and I can see there are tweeters in the dash.

Are the 6x9s in the doors full range?

It seems people are replacing the front door speakers with full range speakers. When doing this, what is being done with the tweeters in the dash?

2nd question:

I am looking at this Sound Ordnance powered sub on Crutchfield.com. Does anyone know if it will fit under the front seat?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I believe the 6x9's are more of a mid/bass. The best way to do it is to go with a component system and externally amplify it. That sub should fit, but you will be much better off getting something to go under the back seat. There are manufacturers of speaker boxes that are made for the under seat, supercrew I think is the name? Should be an advertiser under the audio forum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen the Supercrew boxes, but I don't really want to sacrifice any of the space under the back seats. All the space in the back is a big reason I replaced my Ranger with this truck. Hauling 3 dirt bikes and all the gear for 3 riders take a lot of space :)

·
Registered
452 Posts
That sub should fit. I did a little cardboard cutout of the length and width and there's plenty of horizontal space. Height is fine except it may be a little close next to the transmission hump because of the duct under the seat. A similar sub was installed in this thread and that one is slightly taller and fit ok, so I think it will be fine. I may look into this one also since I don't want to lose any behind the seat space in my KC and the reviews look promising.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts