Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching, but didn't really come up with anything. I am new to Nissan's, so I am not sure of what will interchange. Looking at radios on ebay wasn't much help either, since most just have general listing from like 95-07 or something along those lines.

Anyway, I am looking at a stock 6 disc non-RF radio from an 05 Frontier to replace the stock single disc radio in my 07 SE. Will these radios interchange, and are all the brackets/plugs the same? If not, what will need to be modified? Is there any kind of security on these radios that will need to be reset/reprogrammed?

Coming from GM products, I am a little wary since they seem to change something on their radios every couple years where they won't interchange, and they also have them programmed to the VIN of the vehicle they are from, so they won't work on another one unless a dealer reprograms them. I just want to find out what will or won't work with this Nissan, so I can hopefully pick up this 6 disc radio. Thanks!

·
Registered
602 Posts
not sure about that i got the rf 6 disc i might be selling in a month or so but your said non-rf

bump

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, are you doing this in order to keep stock look but have a CD changer?

If any gurus answer, I hope they can also comment about: doing the same thing, but upgrading the stock H/U 2004 XE single disc player for a newer stock H/U, one that has Aux-in capability or iPod control

thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I would like to keep the stock look but have the 6 disc changer and RDS. Hopefully someone on here knows if it will work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts