Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am considering my options on a lift and I'm going between the aal or the old man emu lift with the dakar leafs. Are the aal ok or should I suck it up and pay the 440 extra for the new leafs? I do alot of beach driving every weekend and do some light wheeling every now and then. What would you guys recommend? I also am getting a arb tent and putting it in the bed and we do have a large cooler aND fishing equipment so I guess around 500 to 700 lbs in the bed. Any ideas guys

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Recently had Nisstec install a 2" lift on my '15 Frontier, AAL with shim in the rear, spacer and SPC UCA in the front. I've got a slight rake to the truck now, ride is firmer than stock, but overall I actually think it rides better in this configuration. I plan to build a custom storage setup for the bed, the recommendation from Nisstec was I do that before I go another 1" lift, just so we can see how it sits. I carry about 100 ls in the bed all the time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool I was worried about the aal if it was worth it. Because when I was hauling stuff back to our camp sitr last night I realized that like 600lbs seems to be about all it will handle comfortably. Because it sags so much and then most of the times I felt it bottoming out.

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
PRG Products

I'm considering something like this above - perhaps over next Winter.. I've already got RideRite airbag/springs to help handle the ~650lbs I carry as a work truck. While the bags help w/ some of the work, the OEM leafs will still settle/sag over time.

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
OP, you might want to share the yr, drivetrain & trim level of your truck for more assistance.

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

EDIT: Honestly, there isn't anything you'll hear from making a new thread that hasn't been said already; from what you posted it sounds like it's just a matter of cost.

Read this thread for more info:

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f26/updated-suspension-lifts-body-lifts-2005-please-read-before-posting-here-63966/

If cost isn't an issue, then I'd say go full leaf spring, it will last longer than AAL and you'll get to specify a custom build to fit exactly what you want.

Do it or ajaf1656 will be sad. LOL

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome. Don't ask questions.

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
EDIT: changed my answer because I can lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had Nisstec install the add a leaf and the adjustable shackles. I wanted to keep the rake. I like how it turned out it rides a little bit firmer than it used to but I haven't hauled anything since I got the lift.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
if you regularly haul cargo you'll want to go with a full pack, possibly with the HD pack if you always run with extra weight (like a cap/topper).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts