Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after washing my truck or after a heavy rain storm I can feel the headliner by the third brake light a little most all along the back edge of the window at the top. I took my brake light off and saw the foam seal was pretty shot so I scraped as much as I could off and then coated it all down with clear silicone to seal it in. After doing it I am still getting a leak up there. Should I buy a new third brake light? Can I add weatherstripping? Should I silicon the outside edges after the brake light is installed?

·
Registered
31 Posts
So after washing my truck or after a heavy rain storm I can feel the headliner by the third brake light a little most all along the back edge of the window at the top. I took my brake light off and saw the foam seal was pretty shot so I scraped as much as I could off and then coated it all down with clear silicone to seal it in. After doing it I am still getting a leak up there. Should I buy a new third brake light? Can I add weatherstripping? Should I silicon the outside edges after the brake light is installed?
I have an 03 model that I had to replace my light twice. First time I broke the mounting screws trying to change the bulbs for the cargo light. Plastic was just brittle and old. I bought a $35 light off ebay to replace that one. Worked for about two months then came out one morning to find water in the entire floorboard of the truck including a soaking wet back seat. Had to take out the interior for that one. Threw the light away and bought an OEM light from Nissan for about $100 with a new gasket. Works great no problems since. That's just my .02 Cents. Hope it helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts