Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '07 4.0L, Crewcab 6 speed MT long bed, 18K miles. Just last week I noticed that the stick wasn't returning after pushing down to engage reverse. I could manually pull it back up, but it felt like a bushing was worn. It normally wouldn't bother me, except when I get onto the freeways here in LA and I push the stick way past the slot for 5th. It's still under warranty, so I took it in to the dealer. Looks like they're going to order a new bushing and boot for the shifter.

Has anyone else had this problem or am I alone on this one. This is the first significant problem I've had with this truck in the 2+ years I've driven it. I'm the primary driver (99%) and I'm not hard on the transmission: I keep the RPMs low (under 2k when crusing, under 3.5k when accelerating). This seems a bit odd of a problem for me, but what say all of you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer Followup

Turns out a bushing on the shifter got stuck on a boot somewhere. The parts are on backorder, so I'll take it back in a few weeks to get it fixed. It's all under warranty so that's nice.

Being a mechanical engineer, I'd like to get a hold of some pics, diagrams, etc so I know exactly what happened. Does anyone have any of that info that they can forward (without compromising copyright, ethical rules, etc.) When I go back I'm going to ask to at least look at the parts being replaced (hopefully they'll let me see it torn down, but I'm not holding my breath.)

·
Registered
70 Posts
heres what i came up with. for your diagram

·
Registered
398 Posts
Could someone post a parts diagram or part numbers that are the cause of this, please?

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Not had that problem. I have only 27,500 Miles on my '06 though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.