Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at putting a new receiver in my '00 XE. I replaced the factory stereo with a Hong Kong knock off 7" touchscreen multimedia setup. I dont know the RMS just that the peak was 4x50. Unfortunatly it wasnt much louder than the factory stereo. Now the touchscreen is screwed up and there is no option to calibrate it so I am in the market for something new.

I still want double din but since I am on a budget I think I am going to step away from the multimedia setup now. I only have the door speakers, changed them out with component speakers from Polk Audio but didnt notice a big difference because of the lack of power.

What would be a good RMS to look for in a new receiver? I have considered a Sony WX-GT77UI which has a 52 watt peak and 17 RMS. Do you think that would be a noticable difference from the factory stereo or should I fork over the cash for 20+ watt RMS?

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you are ditching the touchscreen, you can get 20+ rms for relatively cheap. I have this one:

Amazon.com: JVC Deck with Built-In HD Radio Tuner: Electronics

I got it for $150 (new) a couple years ago. It isn't double din, but is a decent example of what you can get without spending a lot. There are newer versions of this radio out as well. I just linked to mine. Also, if you can go HD Radio, its worth it if the stations in your area provide it.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
if your going with comps you are really going to need an amp to get there full potential out of them. a good 2 ch amp shouldnt run you to much and will be well worth it combined with a good deck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts